vi

sunday, february 12, 1967

"you look like an angel,
walk like an angel,
talk like an angel,
but I got wise.
you're the devil in disguise.
oh yes you are.
the devil in disguise..."

rolling over, cas slapped the alarm clock in order to shut it up. personally, he loved the song that happened to be playing and would normally just let it continue on. but this morning, his head was pounding and anything that made noise was to be terminated- or well, at least silenced.

once the dreadful thing was off, cas snuggled in his warm bed, the covers up to his chin as he got comfortable with laying on his side. suddenly, an arm wrapped around his waist, pulling him into a torso roughly. now, anyone would have been completely okay with this if they recalled falling asleep with someone else in the bed. which, castiel did not recall whatsoever.

in utter terror and panic, he jumped up from his bed, only to realize he was clad in nothing but loose boxers that weren't even his. the headache blurred his vision momentarily, along with the impairing light that came in through the slightly opened blinds. as soon as he was able to focus, he wasn't sure whether he should freak out or be oddly relived that it was none other than dean winchester laying beside him.

if it weren't for the fact cas realized they slept together, he would have admired the natural and pure beauty dean beheld in this magnificent lighting. but sadly, he did realize they slept together; therefore, there was no admiring in that moment.

"shit," he grumbled, running his hand through greasy sex hair, causing a reflexed cringe from the feeling. leaving the room silently, castiel made his way to the bathroom where he poured a cup of sink water and popped his anxiety meds along with some ibuprofen.

he waddled into the kitchen, routinely setting the coffee pot and sitting on the counter with bumble bee nuzzled into his side.

as he pet the cat, he thought. what am I going to do? what if he's mad? if... if he thinks it was a mistake? I mean, it was. it was a mistake. it should not have happened. God I'm so stupid.

castiel's trance was abruptly put to an end by the sound of the toilet flushing from upstairs, signaling dean was now up. fuck, no plan. time to wing it. pulling out countless pans, he began to act like he was actually occupied with something. he quickly got out some eggs and bacon, setting up the stove top and praying dean would not throw a fit and storm out.

a loud pop erupted from the doorway, along with dean mumbling something about his back. trying his best to seem nonchalant, cas continued preparing breakfast only to be surprised by a large embrace from behind. oh dear.

"g'mornin' cas," dean said into his shoulder, kissing the bare skin lightly as his arms relaxed around castiel's tense body.

clearing his throat awkwardly, cas greeted back with a simple, "good morning dean."

he could feel the smile against the crook of his neck, and he sheepishly leaned into the loving touch being provided. after a moment, dean sat on top of the counter right next to the stove, also in nothing but boxers that weren't his but rather cas's. the two sat in silence, only the sizzle and occasional pop filling the empty kitchen. cas felt as though everything was awkward when in reality, he was the only one who felt that way. even bumble bee purred and rubbed herself on a sneezing dean who, even though he was allergic to cats, accepted it.

when coffee was poured, breakfast served, and the daily vietnam news tuned into, both men sat across from each other at the small dining table placed a bit away from the kitchen.

"I hate to be the one to bring the topic up. but-" Jesus Christ he's gonna mention last night. brace yourself castiel. "-personally I think this whole damned war is useless."

     taken back, cas sat there dumbfounded, blankly starring at the green eyed loser who obliviously munched on bacon and stuffed his mouth with scrambled eggs. it was only when dean met castiel's gaze that he realized he had not put in his own input to the topic. "oh! oh, yeah. uh- me too. I- I thought I was the only one who had that view within this town."

     smiling, de went back to eating while cas nitpicked his food, only eating a small serving. as much as he wanted to avoid the discussion, he knew it'd come eventually, so quietly, cas said, "a-about last ni-night de. I... I want to mak-make sure we're on the same page. it was a drunken mis- mistake righ-ight?"

     whenever he looked up from his plate, he saw dean clenching his fork so tight his knuckles turned white, and his mouth formed a straight line that did not place well on his face. slamming his fork down, he stood up from his chair, grumbling a quick yeah and excuse me before escaping upstairs. the door to what cas assumed was his bedroom slammed shut, and he began to mentally ridicule himself for what he just said.
of course it wasn't a mistake! you enjoyed it. you enjoyed it so much! even if that makes you a sick fuck! an abomination! he made you feel like everything you felt was okay. like liking or loving another man was okay. he brought a new meaning to what you are castiel! even if you'd rot in hell for it. 

     without hesitating, cas rose from his own seat and marched upstairs, determined to apologize and keep the winchester from leaving. once he made it to his door, he began to doubt his plan, his stomach wrenching as he reached for the door knob. stop being a sissy. get your ass in there! you're a man too!

     the sight he saw destroyed him. dean sat at the edge of his bed, barely redressed with his hands rubbing through his hair as he starred at the floor. he was mumbling something under his breath that cas could not make out. he was slightly rocking back and forth, and his knuckles were slightly red as if he tried punching a hole through castiel's extremely tough walls.

     "de-"

     "s-sorry. I was just leaving." he stood up, yanking his flannel off of the ground before slipping it on and buttoning it up. his jacket was right behind where cas stood, and he gulped before reaching behind him to grab it. seeing dean lean in, cas had hope he was going to hug him, but upon pulling the jacket up off the ground from behind him, he became utterly disappointed.

     whispering nearly inaudibly, castiel stated, "you don't have to leave jus-just yet..."

     "no, no. it's uhm... it's fine. I don't want to burden you any more than I probably already have. I'll uh... I'll see you around, maybe?"

     swiftly, dean walked past him, just barely brushing him. the warmth cas had felt all that morning was replaced with a bitterly freezing feeling, and his chest physically hurt. by now, dean was putting on his combat boots by the door, which he quickly rushed to, fearing he would be too late and dean would have already left.

     to his dismay, he was opening the door, his face pink as he mumbled a hushed, "goodbye."

     however, dean did not leave. 

     castiel didn't know if it was instinct or a heat of the moment thing, but he shoved dean against the door harshly before grabbing his face and kissing him with such passion that he could hear his heart beating in his ears. he could feel his pulse throughout his body. he could finally feel what liking someone felt like. he could finally feel what being liked by someone else felt like.

     although he was extremely confused as to what had happened within the past thirty minutes, dean pulled cas closer by his hips, wrapping his arms around his waist and rubbing small shapes into his bare back. cas reacted pleasantly to this, making the tiniest of noises that implied dean was doing something right.

     the kiss gave dean a purpose. and gave castiel a new hope.

A/N:

     over 200 reads! I'm so excited! thank you all who have been or are starting to read tea please! hopefully, it'll grow more popular over time. much love to you all❤️

cas🐝