xiii

thursday, march 30, 1967

"m'stay," castiel muttered, clinging to dean with his eyelids heavily sagging down. the light shining from the window was enough to jump start a headache, none of the curtains completely closed and practically all the blinds open.

the two men laid between the sheets, arms wrapped around each other and legs twisted together in an odd way as they began to drift off into sleep once again. the sweet, peaceful bliss was abruptly put to an end when the home telephone was heard ringing almost arrogantly, mocking them both in a strange way.

grumbling a few curse words to himself, dean released cas and left the room, following the noise down the hall to the phone in the living room. he instinctively answered it with a miserable 'what'.

"who is this?" a woman asked on the other line, the tone of her voice suggesting she believed she had high authority.

"I could ask the same," he sassed back, perking up a bit as he immediately found himself much more awake than he was a second prior.

the lady huffed, laughing a bit bitterly to herself before answering," miss. king. miss. naomi king."
naomi? naomi... naomi king? naomi... oh hell. realizing that said woman was, in fact, his boyfriend's boss, dean softened his own voice a bit and spoke as politely as possible.

"may I ask why you are calling, miss. king?"

"to speak with castiel novak. is he home at the moment?"

"yes ma'am, but he's a bit busy at the moment. is there a message I can pass along rather?"

"I suppose not. I was just going to ask if he could pick up jessica's shift."

rolling his faded eyes, dean murmured 'of course' before stating," well, alright. I'll notify him you called. goodbye."

     he placed the phone back in the receiver, walking at a leisurely pace back to castiel's room. upon entering, dean smiled more to himself at the sight in front of him. his boyfriend, his lover, laid in the bed, blanket pulled to his chin as he snored and mumbled in his sleep. his hair was messy, face much more relaxed, mouth slightly agape, and his body curled into itself in a protective, or even warming, way.

     he's gotta get up at some point. and I ain't leaving for work while he's still asleep. that's just downright rude. ignoring the whispered protests in the back of his mind, he waddled over to cas, kneeling in front of the man. their faces were centimeters apart, breath mingling as dean got lost in the small details of his face.

     leaning closer, he placed peppered kisses on different parts of the man's face, such as: on his temples, on the small forehead creases forming, on each eyelid, the tip of his nose, his stubbly chin, his cheeks, basically anywhere and everywhere he could reach. de traveled down the sculpted jawline, to the cool skin of his neck, where he proceeded to place lingering kisses.

     "m'could get used to waking up like this," cas said, his voice a bit hoarse and gravelly as he tilted his head upward to allow more lips on skin access. chuckling, de didn't pester on the fact they should be getting ready for the day; instead, he climbed on the bed, straddling the blue-eyed angel and lowering his head back to the bruising skin.

     humming in approval, castiel just raked his fingers through dean's hair, letting him leave his mark wherever he pleased. he would kiss, suck, lick, and nip at the tender surface, only stopping to move to another spot on his body. it wasn't hot nor needy, but rather sweet and romantic- in both of their opinions.

     eventually, the older winchester found himself at the hips of the younger novak, who was shivering and whimpering occasionally at the electrifying contact. once he left dark marks on either side, his hands ran up and down the other's thighs, gripping ever so slightly.