- Ch.1 - Sunday -

I felt unusaly chilly this morning. Which subconsciously, I found odd. I opened my eyes to investigate and instantly regreted it as the bright Southern Florida sun scorched my eyeballs.

Even though momentarily blind, I instinctively sat up at the alarming tingle that was in the pit of my stomach and started to blink back at the window.

"Well that's not right..."

My room was a completely white walled square except for the semi- hexagonal reading area at the back wall opisite of the door.
And above it a double doored window.

An open double doored window...

I got up and slowly made my way to the window. I was certain I had closed it as I always do every night just before going to bed.

Peering outside I could see the tipical lazy dance of my neighbors going about their morning routines.
The big orange tree in the front yard swayed slightly, showing off the chubby oranges on its branches.

Above, the bright warm beautiful sun greated me, but it was unable to warm the chill running down my spine.

I looked uncertainly around my room. Everything seemed to be just as I had left it.

My eyes swept the stretch of peaceful bliss that was my room. Over the years I had saved up for all my lush bedroom furnishings and mellow spa-like decor. It's my sanctuary, my little boujee heaven on earth.

A white ornate desk and my computer sat in the corner closest to me, it was still on from last nights homework. My bookshelves that take up the rest of the same wall, all neatly organized and in alphabetical order.

My round bed sat in the middle of the room with at least a dozen pillows the lightest shades of blue. Above it, a glorious white canopy stood.

"Humm..." I murmured still feeling a little humming in my abdomen.

Just as I was about to start pondering the possibilities I hear a knock at my door.

"Sweet heart?"

It was my mother.

"Its open!" I called back, "Mornin' mom." I said as she entered and gave me a smile.

I always admired my mother. She was my phyisical opisite. Long straight blond hair, friendly blue eyes and a simple yet perminant smile. My father was similar. He had ruffled dirty blond hair and also had blue eyes. I've always wondered why I didn't inherit them.

I took a glimpse in the mirror and stared at the big brown doe eyes that looked back at me. My dark wavy hair a bit messy from sleep. My round and beautiful womanly curves. Not thin, but definitely not thick either.

"Are you OK love? You dont usualy wake up this late, expecialy on sunday. Its 8:30. Church starts in half an hour."

My stomach did a flip, "Christ! Mom, todays my day to sing! I havent even gone through my excersizes!", I exclaimed slaping my forehead.

I shouldn't have stayed up so late.

"Well hurry up then, im going to go ahead with your father." She said while heading out of my room before stoping and looking back at me,"Grace..."

"Yeah ma?"

" your going to be perfect. You always are.", She smiled.

And with that she left my room. Leaving me with a motivated buzz.

•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•

I slammed my car door, dived around the big 'Michaels Ministries' sign and ran up the steps of the big church entrance.