- Ch.9 - His Island -

The warm waves kissed the tops of my toes as I just stood there on the beach's shore and watched the warm glow coming from the crevace in between the rocks.

It was just a few yards away but my feet suddenly felt as if they were made of lead.

"Come on grace, this not the time to chicken out. Grow some balls already." I imagined a pair of fuzzy ones growing down below and giggled to myself.

I could have stayed there all night, watching how the waves played accross the oceans horizon. The moon's soft light bathed the small island, it seemed to almost glow.

Taking a deep breath i started to walk (cowboy style, to make room for my newly found balls) twords the small pintoresque island.

The shallow waters only made it to mid calf as I grabbed onto the stone ledge. Placing my feet on on the stones for support I slowly made myself up to the spongey beach grass atop.

My heart was pounding against my chest as I got closer to the curtain of vines that covered the entrance to Zephyr's domain.

I can, without a doubt, confirm that I have never been here in my life. But something about this place seems familiar. Like from a distant dream.

I took a moment to appreciate a small plant inside of what looked like a extremely old and battered tea kettle, placed just beside the entrance.

Inside was a delicate looking plant with thin stems and large white flowers. As I picked up the kettle a single ray of moonlight fell on it and I was stunned to see the flower sparkle like if it was dusted in diamond dust.

Suddenly I heard a rustling behind me and I fell out of my trance.

Placing the plant back to where I found it I moved to my left and pulled the curtain of vines aside while ducking under them.

I didn't expect to see what was inside. Instead of a creepy cave it looked like a moody and modern rustic stone-walled loft.

Just like Elle's room, the entire back wall was a vast glass window with two burgundy silk curtains hanging on each side. The view of the ocean and the full moon was breathtaking.

To the right of the window pushed into a corner was a big book shelf lined with old looking leather bound books, a worn leather chair and a small wooden workbench with a bunch of small metal gears and pieces scattered across it.

To the left, planted in a shaggy black woolen rug, there was a equaly black marble tub big enough for two, with a matching stool. And not even four feet from it, in the corner, was a large burgundy silk-covered bed with a mountain of pillows placed atop.

"I'm in love", i said, taking in my surroundings.

This was the opposite of my style, as I was used to the pale blues and whites of my bedroom that calmed me and matched the clear blue skies of my home town. But there was just something about this rugged and masculine place that called out to me.

And yet, I loved it.

I sat on the edge of the velvet colored covers and sighed to myself, "alright, now that I'm here, where are you, Zephyr?".

Suddenly the mountain of pillows started moving and I yelped.

Up from in between the pillows emerged a fluff of chocolate brown hair and two lazy eyes. "You rang?" Said a sleepy voice.

Knowing who the mess of hair belonged to I quickly got to my feet.

"I um, I just talked to Elle... And um, she thought it would be best to come and um... talk to you about, well... Every thing?"