- Ch. 6 - The Doorway -

Before I could ask, Whim was already heading into the line of trees.

Quickly getting up I stumbled along and had to practically run to get close to her. Every time she was finally in range for me to see she would take a sharp turn, pulling out of my sight.

Fumbling around in the dark i was already panting as I tried to catch up.

"Damn my short legs...". I panted "Whim, wait up!"

Just as I thought I might lose her she stopped as we suddenly made it to a rough opening in front of what looked like a dark cave.

And naturally​,I couldn't muster the control over my own damn body and I ran right into her hard back.

"Uff..." I held myself from her shoulders to stop my clumsy traitorous body from falling once more, only to notice that her back seemed completely normal.

"Um Whim? Question... What happened to your wings?"

All of a sudden a thick black smoke just like Zephyr's extended from Whim's back in all directions and twisted to take form of two large wings. She moved slightly and in a blink of an eye the smoke seemed to slide off to expose those sleek leather like wings of hers.

I only got a few seconds to admire them, (aka stare bug eyed with an open mouth) because with another twitch, they disappeared in a puff of black smoke once more.

I touched her back tracing where her wings had just have been. And gasped, "that's just amazing".

Whim looked over her shoulder at me with a small sad smile, "Nothing you haven't seen before G."

I just stared back at her, once again in confusion. She sighed and squatted down to the floor, apparently looking for something.

Just as I was going to ask what she was looking for she whispered something unintelligible and a spark flashed in front of her fingertips.

Suddenly a flash of light took hold of the entrance. From that spark emerged a small fire, lighting up various long lines of intricate swirling patterns along the left side of what i now saw was a tunnel, leaving them glowing like red hot embers as the small fire passed.

Stepping aside, Whim signalled me to pass her and i had to admit that I was happy to do so if that meant that I wouldn't have to run after her.

I walked at my pace and noticed a small patch of errie white light that told me that the end of the tunnel was getting close.

As we got closer I made out that the end of the walkway was closed off by a large glass, window-like wall.

"What do we do now?" I stared at the beautiful frosted glass window. It had a thick iron frame all the way around and a breathtakingly intricate design of iron wringlets that matched perfectly the pattern that tattooed the side of the tunnel. In its center was a small hole the size of a grapefruit. I hated grapefruits.

"Um maybe im wrong, but I'm guessing that neither of us fit through there." I pointed at the little Hole.

Whim laughed, her cuteness ecoing all around us.

She reached out twords the small space and stopped abruptly.

Looking back at me mischiefously she said," How about you open it Grace?"

"Well, what do i have to do?"

"Just close your hand into a fist, place it in and then turn it upright so your wrist is facing up."

I stood in front of the small hole and did just as Whim said and slowly but surely pushed my closed fist in, wrist down.

As I did i felt a gush of wind tug at me pulling my hair completely upward. I must've looked like a Troll doll because I could have sworn I heard Whim giggle behind me.

Slowly i turned my fist so that my wrist was facing up. A warm tingling sensation passed throughout my hand, gasping i looked down at it. Across my wrist like a bracelet, glowing oh so brightly, was a line of unintelligible blue simbols. A line of words in a language I did not know.

And just like that, the glow vanished, the wind stopped, the patterns on the wall burned out, and the door opened....

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

AN:

Hey guys hope this chapter has you at the edge of... Well whatever it is that your sitting on! For those of you that are counting, just 2 more chapter untill the smutty stuff.

♥ U guys!

- V