- Ch.3 - Flight -

"Salve mea chara Grātia." The words seemed to hiss as they barely left his mouth.

His voice was strikingly familiar and a tingle crept up my spine.

As he spoke I felt as if a a bit of electricity struck me, causing me jump up straight  "Whoa...!"

As my body tried to stand up right my legs betrayed me, causing me to fumble around with the blanket that was still on top of me.

Twisting around my ankles, the blanket seemed to stick thus sending me falling on my rump ungraciously.

"Ow. .." was the only thing I could say as I wrestled with the sheet to get a look at the intruder.

"It seems ironic that your name is grace, that was anything but graceful." I heard, as I liberated myself from the death trap.

Jumping I noticed that he was no longer at the window sill if not 4 feet away from me at the edge of the bed I had just fell from.

A sexy smirk found its way across his features making me suck in a breath.

He was beautiful.

His long chocolate locks waved down on ether side of his face. He wore a beautifully cut, expensive looking black suit and a bronze roman numeral XII pin crossing halfway on a silk black tie. I could smell the grass on the leather of his shoes that were just a few feet away from where I still layed.

He reminded me of a celebrity on a red carpet. And even in the darkness I could see the perfect shade of green that reflected off of his eyes.

"Wha. .. how'd you get there so fast!?" I said, coming to my senses, getting to my feet and staggering backwards from his closeness.

At that he frowned. "What do you mean by that?" He said, standing up and getting closer, causing me to step back even further.

"Well you were just there." I said tilting my head towards the open windows. Shocked at my brave tone of voice.

"The way you say it makes it seem like you've never seen me do it before..." he said arching a perfect eyebrow and stepping closer.

Wow this guy seemed to not get the concept of personal space.

My back found the wall behind me and I flinched as a door knob jabbed me in the ribs jutting me forward so I was now chest to chest with my intruder.

A familiar tingle ran up my spine as I looked up into those perfect emeralds he was blessed with. My nose was just inches away from his.

He looked at me sadly. Almost as if he was hurt. Then he catched my gaze seeming to be lost in a memory.

Slowly he pulled his right hand out of his pocket raised it and placed it's back on my cheek.

It all felt so alarmingly surreal and yet oh so familiar. As if it was something that I've done many times before.

Well that's rediculous... I've never had a boyfriend longer than 6 months. Shoot... I was still a virgin.

His hand still layed on my cheek as I just stood there in a trance. He pulled up his other hand to my lower back, caressing the area where the door knob hit me. Slowly he moved his hand upward, below my shirt against the skin of my back, leaving a line of goosebumps where it passed.

The same warmth and smoke as in the altar caressed my body once more. Pictures of before unseen things passed before my closed eyes. Red silk, dark fur, black feathers...

A sigh escaped my lips and a Strong but soft wind seemed to swirl around me making my hair whip around.

Suddenly he blinked seeming to have snapped out of his thoughts and I saw different emotions flicker across his face.