- Ch.5 - Home -

As we got closer, I could make out the distinctive shape of the island. Or should I say islands.

The first, and practically only one, was large, and had the shape of the chesire cats smile. A large crecent moon of rock and sand extended before me. And across the main island's shore, in between both ending points of the moon - shaped island was a roughly cut round and small island.

As Whim semi-circled and stooped low to find a place to park her feathery behind, out of the corner of my eye I saw a light.

When I turned to look, I was caught off guard by what I saw. Behind a row of Palm trees was what seemed to be a castle.

Just before I could get a good look, my stomach ended up in my throat. Whim had shut her wings in mid air and the only thing I could do was shreak.

"Aaaaaaa-uff!" I could hear a thump as I landed on my bottom.

"Oh come on G! What was that? 6 feet?" Whim said, laughing as she walked up to me with her cat-like strut.

My eyes were shut and all I could think about was the fact that somewhere around us was McMysteryMan and I was just dropped not-so graciously on my rump.

"Why did you do that?" I asked Whim. My eyes still shut from the embarrassment.

"Sorry! I guess old habits die hard, Gracie." She giggled, "are you OK?

I felt a thin hand on my shoulder.

I finally mastered the courage to open my eyes. I looked around me searching for a set of green eyes only to be disappointed at not finding any.

"Where's... Um, Zephyr?" I asked Whim.

"Zeph? Oh, he's in his in his super duper 'man-cave' ". She lifted her hands and made air quotes to emphasize, "quite literally the cave on his little island".

She pointed out twords the smaller, round island in between the two pointed peaks of the crecent island.

"Note, don't go anywhere near it if you want to live. Just in case you haven't noticed, zeph can be a little um,... Temperamental." Whim shrugged.

I got up and took a better look at 'his island'.

Only about 30 yards away from the shore washed under moonlight was a small roughly-cercular mass of land. Small patches of tall beach sand sprouted in between rocks and almost stark white sand.

2 palm trees, lots of moss and more grass sat atop 2 large flat rocks and various smaller rocks that seemed perfectly placed so they curved and formed the shape of a large cave. Thick green vines covered its entrance just enough to give privacy.

Through the vines I could see a warm glow between them, signaling someone's presence.

For a moment, i imagined passing those vines and entering that intimate place. I imagined how obviously angry he would feel and have him press me against the stone walls by my wrists, staring at me with those piercing emerald eyes, slowly streaming his mystical smoke along my arms, around my waist, up my legs...

"Earth to Grace!?... Helloooo..?"

"Wha..?" I snapped out of little fantasy, only to feel that nauseous pang at the pit of my stomach. The same pang I had felt back home when he cornered me against my bedroom door.

"Lust.. " I stated bluntly. I looked up at Whim to see her grin had faded. She looked stern and just gave me a small and stiff nod.

"I'm guessing he's practically full blown emitting his energy right now. That tends to happen when we're messed up about something."

Im guessing she saw my face of confusion because she let out a frustrated sigh. After rubbing a petit finger on her forehead she look back at me and said.

"This is something I don't know how to explain, G. But I know who can... Do you want to know the reason why we brought you here? And why your different than the rest? The reason you can feel things and hear things?"

My jaw dropped,never in my life have I ever told someone what i could do.

All I could make myself do was nod.

"Then follow me, I think it's about time you talked to Elle."