- Ch. 7 - The Fallen -

The door opened and I was a lost for words.

It looked as if we were standing in a large green bowl.

Tall rounded walls could be seen on ether side of some sort of stone fortress.

The tall Castle-like structure stood proudly in the middle. Large square towers loomed above covered in light pink flowers that seemed embedded into the stones. Soft golden light could be seen from from its windows and the smell of a sweet perfume wafted up to meet my nostrils.

Before me, bathed below the moon light was a vast and exotic garden, lush and colorful they were, but at the same time they were flowers that seemed out of place in such a tropical location. In between layed a grassy path that led to the castle.

My jaw unhinged once more.

"Welcome home." Whim giggled, and started walking down the path.

"This is a sacred and safe place. Elle herself placed an invisible barrier that just like this island keeps it safe and unseen by humans. And the palace itself is even more guarded, No one can fly into this place, thats why we came through the passage."

I thought about what she said and stopped for a moment.
"But Whim... I saw the castle's tower when we were just arriving."

She just continued walking and practically sang back at me. "Like i just said G, no HUMAN can see this place. Now hurry up Elle should be waiting."

Well that makes no sense... I WAS human. Two arms, two legs, no wings and I definitely didn't have a tail. I was human... right?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

The two large doors were wide open as we stepped inside the main corridor. Ahead were two large staircases that bowed to the left and right of another set of this time, closed double doors.

Atop of the right set of stairs, descending, was the womanly figure of whom i would expect to be Elle. She stopped abruptly about 10 stairs from us and i was overwhelmed by her beauty.

She didn't look a day over thirty but her crystal-like gray eyes showed a wisdom far beyond that. A straight thin nose and full pink lips were framed by wavy blond ringlets of hair, Her creamy white skin was flawless.

She wore a gold and white Grecian style dress that that i noticed, with a start, was completely sheer. Two milky white breast lay before her for all eyes to see.

After assaulting her with my eyes i could only blush and stare at my feet.

She decended the rest of the steps and greeted me.

"Hello Gratia I am but overwhelmed in being able to see you once more." She extended her arms to Me and wrapped me in a embrace. Just as always a warm sensation came to me, but instead of making me nauseous it overwhelmed me. My chest burst with warmth and i felt my heart ache.

Scared, I let go of her. "I'm sorry but I think you are mistaken. I don't know you, and my name is Grace, not Gratia"

Elle tilted her head and looked saddened. "So it is true? You cannot remember me? Us?" She looked at Whim and nodded, "Thank you dear, " she extended her hand to me "come, I suppose an explanation is in order."

We climbed up the steps and made it to the second floor, passed a long hall with many doors and at the end entered a large room.

The back wall was a window​ in its entirety with a magnificent view of a small water fall and a lilly pond.

Before us stood a large thick glass table and a tall throne like glass chair. Looking around I noticed that the entire room was filled with white or glass furniture and white linens. A crystal clear tub lay on the left and a large completely round white bed with many equally stark white pillows neatly placed was just to the side.