- Ch.4 - Wings -

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Just a few inches away from my face I could see Whim's wide smile, taking up most of her face. She was looking at me with utmost joy.

But behind that inocente smile, stretching for a good meter and a half in each direction were a set of wings.

Not fluffy feathery one like a cupids, but long, and angeled leathery ones.

Each one stretched out on either side of her. like those of a bat. But instead of being black they were a warm russet red color. Like dry blood.

I looked back at her face, Her short black hair whipping all around her face making it seem as if all of this was somewhat normal.

No. None of this was normal. This was downright insane.

"What is it G?!" She says with an amused grin.

All I could do was stare at her, wide eyed, in shock. Just as I was starting to ponder if I'd have the nerve to talk to her, a dark shadow past over head, shifting my thoughts.

As I looked above, a small gasp slipped out of my mouth.

The one called zephyr was just above us gliding left and right graciously. Holding him practicality upright were his wings.

Two long, black, strong looking wings sprouted from his back. Each had to be at least 2 meters long. Even with the space between us I could feel a gust of wind every time he braught them down.

But their sheer size and power wasn't what had unhinged my jaw. Geez, i probably look like a nutcracker with its mouth wide open, just waiting for a walnut....

I stared at him, and even though the setting sun didn't give off much light it looked as if his wings trapped and reflected each beam that landed on it. The color of his wings weren't just black, but pearlized black. Like a Raven.

Each feather trapped the sunlight and then bounced the light back up. They seemed to reflect on his skin. Making him look like he was glowing.

For some reason his black buttoned shirt was open, and twisted behind him with his coat.

Even from a distance I could make out the ripples on his abdomen. His chest was like that of an olimpic swimmer. Long, lean and sculpted.

"Oh. my. god." Was all I could say.

"Well yeah, I should have guessed that he is the one responsible for this ." Whim said, giving me a giggle and then looking up with a small sigh.

I looked down towards the ground and felt a knot form in my stomach. About 100 stories down was my neighborhood.

The perfect grid of streets stretched out in all directions. Neat and tidy lawns with equally tidy houses that seemed to go on forever.

I've never felt so much adrenaline before. I felt so free. Even though my insides were turning just a bit, i couldnt help but feel almost aroused with the wind pulling through my hair.

I closed my eyes and breathed in through my nose. Stretching my arms out and feeling the some how familiar that wind felt flowing underneath me.

I heard a giggle behind me and I snapped out of my little moment.

Red faced, I looked back at Whim's upbeat one.

"Some things never change."

••••••••

After about 10 minutes of trying to decipher what the hell was going on, I decided to just give up.

I'm pretty sure that I went through every theory I could think of and It was embarassing that they all sounded like they belonged on TV.

I looked down and saw the white fences that seperated the suburbs coming into view. Beyond them, I could make out the crisp white sands of Marina Bay.

But she never landed.

My stomach plummeted when we started flying over water. I bit my lip. I can't believe I'm doing this.

Sadly, Not even in my wildest dreams could I have created a senerio like this one.

Whim and Zephyr picked up their pace. Rapidly accelerating their speed.

I could barely open my eyes, much less see with the tears that kept coming because of the blaring wind.

We where going so fast that i felt little needles  prick me as my loose hair struck me all over.
I could feel my mouth becoming unhinged like if someone pointed a leaf blower at me face.

I must have looked like a bulldog with his head out a car window because I heard a mocking laugh coming from my right. And from my experience, I knew it wasn't Whim's.

I could feel my face heating up, and I ducked my head and tilted it slightly away from him.

After what felt like an embarrassing eternity we started to slow down.

Blinking out the tears in my eyes, I looked in front of me. Now only the light from the full moon reflected on the ocean. It's vastness stretching in all directions.

Just ahead I could see a little mass, cutting through the calm line of the oceans horizon.

As we got closer I was able to make out its form. It was an island.

"Where are we going um... Whim?" I felt weird saying her name aloud.

She smiled as she started to glide downwards towards the secluded location.

"Home."

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Yay! New characters!  The image for this chapter is none other than the fabulous Whim herself. What do you think about zephyr? Love or hate?
Sorry it took so long to update! This chapter was accidentally deleted! But here you go!

Att; V.