Prologue

"Aster!" you screamed, forming a ball of light in your hand. "I can't believe you would say that!" 

"Your words weren't much better, mate!" he yelled back, gripping his boomerang tighter. 

The way he had said 'mate' without adding the 'little' that usually preluded it send a chill down your spine. You had half a mind to back down, but part of you wouldn't allow it. Something more than yourself was driving you deeper into the argument. 

He spun his boomerangs and looked like he might surrender. This only made you angrier, as if by him quitting it'd show that you didn't deserve that kind of attention from him. Rationality knew that this was quite false, but the pain was there nonetheless and sparks began to fly from your opened palm. 

You knew he wouldn't throw his boomerangs at you, but would you throw your weapon at him? Anger was boiling inside you, and you felt that you wouldn't be able to contain it for much longer. His ears were pressed flat against his head and his brow was furrowed, his eyes glaring at you with such gentle reassurance, blazing anger, moving sadness, patronizing pity that it was all you could do not to attack him right there. 

Instead of sending the light in his direction, you formed vines and wrapped them around him. He dropped his boomerangs and began to writhe wildly as you squeezed the vines tighter and dragged him towards you. 

You put your hands on his shoulders and held on tight, almost wishing that he would apologize. If he did, then you would have the courage to, too. But he was too proud, and you were too cowardly. You felt the tears welling up behind your eyes and panic flared up in your veins. You didn't want him to see you cry, not now. But he knew when you were weak, and this was no exception. He stopped struggling and stared at you with something between reverence and fear.

"I don't want you to come back here," you growled, "Ever." 

Most people thought that Mother Nature could never hurt Bunnymund, the one - perhaps the only - creature who would ever know you for who you were, flaws and all. But when your relationship is stretched to a thread, it's your own scissors that cut the last string. Will you be able to tie them back together? 

Make sure you check out the first book, "Ticking Time Bomb", before reading this story! There will be many references to events and characters in that book, so it's kind of important. :) If you've already read it, here's your sequel. I hope you like it! 

"Ticking Time Bomb": https://www.wattpad.com/story/38991342-ticking-time-bomb-bunnymund-x-reader

Down below I've tagged some people who showed interest in a Bunnymund sequel and/or RotG series. I don't want you to feel obliged to read, so if you're not interested, don't! I just know that I like getting notifications that the stories in my Library have gotten sequels so I figured I'd mention it. 

Emberfoxx

stripedgiraffes

TheMarvelousFangirl

sapphiregrace1224

JeanGrey2002

highlanderlass

Manglethefox1019

masina-light-hunter

Sammmy-Stark

ThatOnceling

P.S. For those of you who may have requested a series, I'm still working on that, too. The Jack Frost book in the series, "Once Upon a Tragedy", is linked below. 

https://www.wattpad.com/story/38991394-once-upon-a-tragedy-jack-frost-x-reader

Happy reading!