Chapter 15

"Little mate, get up." 

You pushed him away and rolled over. You hadn't slept - really slept - since the whole ordeal had happened, and Bunny had been the one to keep you relatively peaceful through the night. 

"Come on, they wanna talk to you." 

"I don't wanna talk to them," you grumbled. 

"They're letting you into the workshop." 

You sat up with a sigh. He didn't look like he'd gotten sleep, but he also didn't look like he minded. His eyes were a bit cloudy, but his face was stretched in excitement, meaning that you had reason to get excited as well. 

He took your hand and pulled you out of the bed. You hurried into the main gathering place, in front of where North's little control panel sat. He and Ombric stood talking in hushed voices. Tooth, Jack, and Sandy were also talking, but they seemed to be arguing. When you walked in, they hushed. Their eyes were all wide, staring at you as if you were a ghost. 

"Dearest (Y/N)." 

You looked away from your friends to meet the eyes of Manny. 

"H-How long... How long have I been in that room?" 

Manny pursed his lips and looked away. He'd never looked as guilty then as you saw him in that moment. Your stomach lurched. 

"Five weeks." 

You turned to see Pitch. He stood with his hands in his pockets. With one blink, you knew that was exactly how long you'd been in the room; he wasn't lying. He wouldn't lie to you. Five weeks

"Five weeks," you repeated. 

Your heart was pounding with the realization. Your legs felt weak. You felt Bunny's paw on your shoulder, but you brushed it off. It was first time you'd done it. And not the last. 

"(Y/N) - " Manny started. 

"Manny. Shut up." You blinked at him, his shocked expression and his lips parted, ready to say something. In an effort to calm yourself, you brushed hair from your eyes. "I don't know what to say to you - to any of you - as a reply to what you've just put me through. For five weeks, I was kept locked in a room in this workshop. I didn't know what was happening, I didn't know how I felt, I don't even remember eating and yet you're playing it off as if it's nothing. I'm a Guardian, the same as you. The same as all of you. And you don't even trust me enough to get out of bed. Look at this!" 

You thrust your still-gloved hands towards them. They flinched - every single one of them. Even Bunny. 

"That's what I thought." 

Pitch, who stood to the side, looked out the window. His eyes shone with a sickening guilt and you knew a mistake had been made. 

"Well... Well... Well..." 

The voice echoed. Over and over. Part of you believed it to be fake, a figment of your own imagination (probably induced by the time you'd spent lying about). But a face flashed behind the words. A face you wished you could forget. 

"My dearest (Y/N). How lovely to see you again." There was a quiet snicker. "I suppose you guessed I would make an appearance at some point or another, now, didn't you, Guardians? Though you certainly couldn't be classified as Guardians - North, a father figure - to my little (Y/N) at this point." 

"Your little (Y/N)?" you said, standing perfectly still. You wouldn't let your eyes leave the Guardians before you. The voice was just that - at least at the moment - a voice. 

"Ah! Did I forget to introduce myself? I am the Guardian of disharmony, of chaos! How else to put it? Mayhem, havoc. Turmoil, both inner and out." He was pronouncing his words precisely, a click to his tongue. "A personal favorite of mine is anarchy. But I suppose you don't want the long answer... So I'll give you the short. I am the Guardian... Of Discord." 

Your head turned to where the man's lips were next to your ear. You took a deep breath. Phaedrus.  

short chapter lol bye