Chapter 6

You awoke in Bunny's tank top, pressed against him and tangled in his human arms. He was snoring lightly, his nose twitching. It was the only thing that revealed his usual Pooka self. You snuggled yourself closer to him and closed your eyes, taking in his outdoorsy scent and then feel of his skin against yours. 

"Mornin', little mate," he murmured. 

You smiled. "Good morning." 

"How'd you sleep?" 

"I didn't." 

He chuckled and ran his hand down your arm, kissing the top of your head as he did so. You wrapped your arms around his and adjusted your head on his bicep. His hand stopped on your shoulder and pulled you closer. You lifted your head to face him. 

"You're so beautiful," he murmured, kissing your nose. 

"Bunny - " 

"Really. I am so in love with you." 

Your heart was pounding. Just being so close to him and hearing him say those words made you feel faint, like every syllable he spoke was challenging your very existence. His eyes seemed brighter today, staring into yours with that emerald intensity that was especially prominent that morning. 

"Don't ever let me go," you said, putting your hand on his jaw. 

He dipped his head and kissed your hand. "I couldn't." 

You shifted in bed, finding that you had to untangle your legs from Bunny's to do. You turned to your side and wrapped your arms around his chest. He rested his chin on your head and took a deep breath, making you move with him. 

"We should probably talk to North today," you said quietly. 

"I don't wanna go anywhere," he whined. 

You giggled and ran your fingers across the markings on his chest. He seemed to shiver under your touch, which reminded you of the night before. You smiled to yourself. 

"We should go tell him, though. Anyway, we'll have tonight..." You craned your neck to kiss him. But perhaps you spoke too soon...

The next thing you knew, you were adjusting your dress in North's workshop, standing next to a couple of Yetis, who were also waiting to speak to North. Bunny was roaming around the place in search of him, and the elves jumped about in excitement at your arrival. 

"(Y/N)! A good morning, it is!" 

You turned to see North, stepping lightly in order to avoid trampling on elves. He was grinning wildly, looking much more jolly than usual. 

"Hey, North," you greeted him.

He took your hand and spun you around once. "And where might your Bunnymund be?" 

Bunny's accent rang out over your ears. You looked over your shoulder at him, and couldn't help the smile that spread across your face. Bunny exclaimed, "North! Where have you been? I've been lookin' all over for ya." 

North smiled. "There he is." 

He turned towards Bunny, who was walking back towards the two of you with a frown on his face. Though it wasn't the same as usual, not as serious. He seemed to be unable to hold any sincerity at the moment, his movements more joyful than usual and his tone of voice lighter. 

"We need to talk to you," you said. 

"What ever about?" North asked, chuckling. 

"All right, old man, what's gotten into you?" Bunny asked.