Chapter 3

in case you're visual like me! i created this little montage of pictures that i conjured up from Pinterest, Tumblr, and and DeviantArt. i'm a bit worried that the video might get taken down or flagged or something bc i didn't cite my sources (as i just found what i could over several days) so watch it while you can! i hope this helps some of you in some way but if not maybe it'll just be nice to look at. these photos of course are not perfect and don't cover the entire castle, nor do they completely and accurately portray the castle. i just wanted to give a basic idea of what it might look like. hope you all enjoy! :)

You flew around the world in your search for the perfect place to settle your castle. Eventually, you decided on a cozy little hillside in Ireland, where the grass was green and wild sheep grazed down below when you would be stationed. The entire atmosphere was perfect, from the gentle breeze that ruffled your hair to the soft song that carried on the wind to the birds that flitted about in greeting. You could almost call what you felt excitement. 

There was still something missing, though. You didn't want to be without Bunny and Ireland seemed much further from North than Bunny's Warren did. They both promised to visit, and you still had the snow globe that North had gifted to you a while back, but you feared you wouldn't feel as close to your beloved friends, family, Guardians. 

"Ready, (Y/N)?" 

You turned to Manny, who stood next to Ombric. They had both arrived for the occasion. Manny was there because he believed that it would increase your ability to wild your power. Ombric was there because he was fascinated in the idea of things being built from magic. The rest of the Guardians had also made an appearance. You had been fine with all of this, as you certainly didn't want to be alone. But now as they all stood with expectant faces, your stomach squirmed. You were loosing confidence. 

"You'll do fine, little mate. It isn't as hard as you'd think." 

It seemed that he always knew what you were thinking. You smiled at him, then turned back to the large plot of land in front of you. Beyond the cliff, the rolling hills stretched as far at the eye could see. It almost seemed too good to be true. 

You waved a hand carefully, expecting something to go wrong. However, a large stone pillar rose from the earth. Your heart beast faster as you watched it reach up, up up... Then stop exactly where you wanted it. 

Behind you, Tooth gasped. You tried to ignore it as you waved your hand again, this time spawning the remaining four cornerstones to the structure. A castle, you thought, picturing it as more walls of stone began to rise from the ground to connect the pillars. With everything grand and inspired by nature

You flew into the air and allowed yourself the freedom of going crazy with it. Before you knew it, you'd formed pillars and towers, staircases and passages. Inside decor was another issue - you'd deal with that when you were done building. Vines began to creep up the sides, and flowers grew in the most unlikely of places. Rooms were divided into different sized, and as you tried to imagine what each might be filled with, the castle only grew in size and grandeur. There's the library, the grand hall, a ballroom (why not?), my room, a guest room... What about a place for keepsakes? The gallery, the drawing room, a dining room, maybe just a sitting room? 

You landed finally, pulling the last of the flora into place. You flicked your wrists again, and large trees grew about the place like guards. Animals began to creep from the undergrowth that you set in place, and soon you were surrounded by the glowing fireflies who seemed to have no regard for the difference between night and day. 

You looked at your work with growing pride. It was yours, you had made it. Manny was right; you felt more powerful now. Your heart was hammering, but you were hardly winded. Something sour was sloshing around in your stomach though. It was the same feeling you'd had when Pitch's bitterness had been consuming you all that time ago. But why were you feeling it now? Why would the creation of your castle be enough to bring something evil out?

"It's beautiful, (Y/N)!" Tooth exclaimed, dashing over to it. "The detail is exquisite! You just came up with this?" 

You nodded and flew over to her. you motioned for them all to follow. "Come on, let's see what's inside." 

There was room after room on the inside, all decorated without even a thought. All exactly how you would have done it. Th furniture was made from natural items, and lots of large windows let in the light. 

As the Guardians were admiring your work, you watched with that same evil feeling flitting around your chest. Something was off about this place, and you had pt it there. But how? You didn't know any better than what you made up on the spot, and there was certainly no room for the darkness that you feared was tainting it. 

"I'm proud of you, little mate," Bunny said.  

"Thanks, Bunny," you replied, smiling at him. He reached for your hand, but Manny interrupted. 

"You'll be staying here tonight, I'm assuming, correct?" Manny asked. 

"Um... Well - " 

"I really do think you should," Manny interjected. "Having the independence will be good for you as a Guardian." 

You didn't want to stay in a big castle with no one else there. But he'd been right about you feeling the magic the first time - you felt such power that your body trembled as it radiated throughout your stomach. You tried to push the feeling of darkness aside and bask in the new castle that would be your home. 

"I will," you informed him. "I'll stay here."