:16:

Come on (Name)! YOU CAN DO THIS! She thought to herself with encouragement. (Name) was running as fast as her body could take her and the (H/C) girl breathed hard. She was late, oh so very late. 

This was the first time (Name) was late. Of course she had to be late to one important thing. 

The day Sasuke killed Itachi. The irony. 

This is what I get for playing as the hero for once? 

Flashback: 

"Alright Zetsu. Here is the plan." She picked up a stick with a pointed end to draw in the dirt. Cheesy, and pretty much seen in every cartoon ever, but she still had to try doing it at least once in her life. "Plan A," She drew a large A with a circle around it. "You are gonna sneak me to the battle at night, so I can stop Sasuke from killing Itachi. When I get there, I have a plan of my own that you don't know about; that's for later. Then, you are to get me the hell out of there." Zetsu narrowed his eyes, but before he could say anything, (Name) continued. "Plan B," She paused. "There is no plan B so if all goes to shit, run like hell." Zetsu rolled his eyes and gave (Name) the are-you-serious look. "I can't think of a Plan B, so what can your brain scramble up, Aloe Man?" She retorted.

Zetsu took her idea stick and began to draw. "Plan B, Before a killing blow from either one happens, (Name) you will step in between the Uchiha's counting attacks, while I use Chakra bindings." 

(Name) tapped her chin and stared at the picture. "Alright, but I have one question." She pointed at the drawing, "Why did you draw me so fat for?" 

"That's not the point!" Zetsu growled. (Name) sighed, and waved a hand. 

"Whatever. At least my drawings were accurate."

"Accurate? You made yourself as a stick figure, and what am I suppose to be, a tree in your drawing?" He retorted.

"Urgh! Well being a stick is better than being fat!" (Name) argued.

"Says who?"

"Ughh. You are such a pain in the ass." (Name) crossed her arms. "But I am happy you agreed to help me." she mumbled. 

"What was that?" 

"Nothing!" She turned around, and puffed out her cheeks. "Well, if this is settled, let's wait for tonight." 

End Flashback

(Name) was running in pitch black darkness, with only the full moon to guide. 

She's tripped so many times she was sure she had a sprained ankle. Is this what I get for trying to be the hero of the story? As soon as that question flew through her mind, she was hit by a tree branch and everything went black.

The blackness around her felt as if she was being swallowed up. She could feel the weight in her chest when a bright light jolted her awake.

She felt herself laying in something comfy. A bed? No! It's my bed! "Im home!" She screamed. It was her room the same as she left it, manga books in neat stacks, dirty clothes making messy piles on the floor. Did (Name) ever leave or was it just a dream? "No! It can't! I have to save Itachi!" She cried in frustration. Her television screen still buzzed with the life of Naruto in the corner. Her bedroom door slammed open. 

"(Name)! What was all that yelling?! It's the middle of the fucking night!" 

"Mom...?" (Name) held her head which she felt was pounding under her fingertips.

"Watching your anime again, (Name)? It's a school night! Watch your shows at a reasonable time please!" 

(Name) dash for her mom, and hugged the life out of her. "I'm so sorry, I won't do it again. I love you." 

"What has gotten into you (Name)? It's like you've seen a ghost."

"Erm....it's nothing! I just fell asleep, and I woke up because of a bad dream." Well, she wasn't exactly lying... 

"No wonder! You left the t.v. on! You know how you get when you fall asleep like that!" She scolded. Her mother face-palmed and slid her hand down her face in exhaustion. "Listen, just go to bed for God's sake..." Her voice trailed off as she left the room.

(Name)'s eyes darted around the room as soon as her mother left. Her chest tightened, like it was being trampled upon by elephants. She took a deep breath and felt her chest with her hands to calm herself down. She stopped dead when she felt something cool under her fingertips. 

The ruby pendant.

She scrambled to the light switch across the room and flicked on the switch. She shone it in the light to see it clearer. It was the same one, and this proved that what happened, definitely wasn't a dream. Her eyes glinted with determination. She bolted to her book shelf, taking the manga Itachi was destined to be killed in. Upon opening it, the images seem to disappear. "What the hell?" She muttered to herself. "What the hell is this??" She flipped further, and the pages were blank. She began to panic, until she opened the previous volume, and saw her face staring back.