The Beginning

Percy POV

We all gathered around on the deck of the Argo II finalizing our last minute plans. Apparently my plan of just going in and attacking wasn't good enough for Annabeth. I had my arm around her lazily. We woke up late and thankfully Leo was the one that came in to wake Annabeth up. Of course I was with her. And no! We did not do anything. I can't believe you have such a dirty mind. Well... we did kiss a few times, but that's not the point. We have been having really bad nightmares. Annabeth thought that maybe if we were together, they wouldn't be so bad. She was right, so ever since we have been sleeping together. Wait. That sounds wrong. We have been sharing a bed which we happen to be to be going to sleep in. Okay. Back on track. My ADHD is acting up. So Leo woke us up instead of Coach Hedge which saved us a lecture.

"Okay, everyone knows the plan?" Piper voice interrupts my thoughts.

Everyone starts to nod to signal they know. I just look around, confused. That's when laughter fills my ears.

"I called it guys!" Leo laughs.

"Okay. He spaced out, no big deal. But we seriously need think of a plan." Jason defends me.

"While I was visiting outer space, I had an idea of what we can do..." And with that we formed our plan.

~~

We were about to go into battle when we all gathered together in a circle.

"We got to promise each other something." Leo started out, "If one of us dies out there, we can't get stuck on it. Or at least not let it rule our thoughts and actions."

"I love that idea, Leo. Even if we do die, we will still see each other in Elysium." Hazel agreed.

Frank grasped her hand, "We will all be fine, but I agree. We can't let death rule over us."

"I don't think Thanos would be honored to know we won't be letting him control our lives," Piper joked as Jason wrapped his arm around her. "But I think this is a great idea Leo. What do you think Jason?"

"I agree with you Pipes. But nothing will happen. We have the gods on our side, even if they can be crappy. Percy's plan will work."

A laugh was sounded, "I think this is Percy's best plan. Especially since we were able to help him perfect it." Annabeth stated while looking at me. I met her gaze, her eyes are such a beautiful shade of grey.

I stare at her beautiful face, trying to memorize it. I keep my eyes on her as I say, "Let's go kick Dirtface."

I didn't know it then, but that was the last time I got to hold my beautiful wise girl in my arms without her bleeding out.

~~

I ended up in an ally way. I was still crying from when I ran away from my apartment. When I came back from the war my mom and Paul were gone. They just disappeared. I have been trying to look with no avail. Nothing is the same after what happened over in Europe and... and that place.

I am a failure. My plan didn't work. I have no one left. Everyone I love is gone. My life here is collapsing. I'm failing all of classes. They aren't helping either.

Honestly, it is just better if I die.

I bring my knees to my chest as I look at the poison. If I drink every drop, I will be with my friends again. Out of my life of pain. I hardly think as I bring the vial to my lips.

I hear is a voice crying out to me, just as my vision goes black.

~^~

Sorry it is so short, however it is just the beginning and other chapters will be longer. Also the writing will get better as I get to know these characters better.

Thank you for reading <3