Promises And Talks

Loki POV 

Something is wrong. Something has been off since the beginning of the week. An outside force has been growing in strength. Every time I feel the presence it is stronger. 

This time, it is stronger than ever. I exit my room and follow the feeling. It leads me to Percy's room. 

There were many voices coming from the room, none of them were Percy's. 

"-place with us in the afterlife." Is the clearest sound I hear as I barge into the room. 

Percy is surrounded in his wheelchair by seven individuals. They suddenly stop all of their talking when they see me. 

"Who are you?" A girl with choppy brown hair glares.

"It doesn't matter. Leave." I command. 

Thankfully, they leave. However, the girl with blond hair lingers and whispers something in Percy's ear. 

She then disappears along with the others leaving me with Percy broken down in tears. 

I walk over so I am standing right in front of his wheel chair. I bend down so I am level with him. 

"Percy," I choose my words carefully. "They are gone. You're safe now." 

This only makes him cry more. 

"You don't get it" He says in between sobs. 

"Then explain it to me, Percy." I say gently. 

He only shakes his head and won't look me in the eyes. He keeps his head buried in his hands. 

After a few minutes of silence, Percy speaks, "I don't want to share that burden with anyone. They don't deserve my pain." 

I shake my head, "I know we can take the burden. We want to help you. We can share the pain. But you need to explain it to me." 

"They keep showing up." He says quietly. 

"Who?" 

"The rest of the Seven." He mutters. 

"Why have they shown themselves to me now?"  

"Why should I know?" 

I ponder my own question but quickly put it aside to help Percy. 

"Let us not worry about it tonight. We should be getting to sleep." Standing back up, I place a hand on Percy's shoulder. "Tomorrow, we will deal with this." 

"Please don't tell the other Avengers." Percy requests. 

"I will not for now, if it will help you sleep. We do need to tell them in the near future."

He nods understandingly and wheels over to get shorts to sleep in. Instead of letting him struggle, I apply a little magic and cause him to be instantly changed into his desired clothes. 

"Thank you." He says as he wheels back over to the bed. 

Again, I use some magic and help him into bed. 

"I'm going to stay here, okay?" I pull up a chair so I'm at the corner of his bed. 

Percy mumbles something but I just ignore it as I collapse into the chair. 

A simple spell should help Percy sleeps soundly. I cast it quickly as I ponder the Seven appearing.

Why have I just been able to see them? These things are definitely not the real Seven. It is some sort of life form gaining power on Percy's suffering. 

No matter what it is, I need to help him. He is now under my care. I will do everything in my will to protect you.

~^~

Percy's POV

Strength training is horrible. 

It still takes a ton of effort just to lift my legs up. Don't even get me started about bending my knee. 

I am slowly being able to feel my toes. It's taken so much time just to get to this point. I can't imagine how long it will take just to be able to bend my knee, let alone move my whole leg. 

The last time this horrible pain was when that scorpion stung me. I know what Luke was doing, but that still hurt. Almost as much as Tartarus. 

I'm an idiot. Why did I remind myself of that? 

I lose my focus on the bars and fall to the floor. Bruce and Steve launch forward to help me, but it doesn't matter. My mind is already gone. 

~^~

I haven't been to this place in years.

She and I built it after we got home from California.

We could tell something was brewing so we set up a bunch of safe houses in New York. Somehow, I ended up in one along the more secluded beach hidden by the skyscrapers. The last thing I remember was hitting the gym floor during strength training. 

Maybe my body just took over, like my enhanced demigod senses decided I needed to get away. But who knows? 

As long as I'm alone, I'm okay for now. 

And of course, like always, I spoke too soon. I could hear a loud roar come from outside the little safe house. 

It must be my lucky day. A hell hound found its way to me. Tyche, or her Roman form Fortuna, must hate me. I have no way to fight being in my wheelchair. Plus I'm too tired to even move.

But if I don't do anything about it, who will? It might start attacking the public or do some other serious damage. Might as well try and kill it. 

I took my time in wheeling out to meet this monster. It seemed odd how it just waited for me to come out. Usually monsters will pounce and go straight for the kill. As soon as the hell hound spotted me, it turned into attack mode. 

It leaped up into the air and was so quick that I had no time to pull out Riptide. I sat there paralyzed not knowing what to do. But the impact from the monster never came. 

I opened my eyes to notice this two ton beast is floating over me. It was unable to move. 

"What is going on?" I ask aloud to no one in particular. 

I think about how to get this creature back onto the ground, then suddenly it happened. It took me a few, but I think I'm blood-bending. It would be the only explanation on how I can do this. All living creatures have water in them, and I can control water. I guess it was only a matter of time until I was able to do so.

Now, how to kill a monster using blood-bending. Imagining the creature exploding into thousands of different pieces should do the trick. 

And it works, monster dust fills the air and forms a small pile of where the monster was. This trick is going to be useful in the future.

My victory doesn't last long until black dots fill my vision. 

~^~

I wake up in the bed at the Avengers Tower. I can tell instantly its mine because its too soft. I slowly open my eyes and see Natasha sitting in the same chair Loki was sitting in a few nights ago.

"We need to talk."