The Feeling of Drowning

Percy's POV

I spent the rest of that day testing out the chair with Tony and Loki. Loki was there just in case something went wrong, and Tony because it was his baby. We finally took it to show the other Avengers around noon.

I take a bit of a sandwich as Bruce says, "Percy, I just realized you never learned everyone's name."

I shrug, "I haven't had a moment too. I know who you are along with Captain America. I'm in the Avengers Tower which used to be Stark Towers. But other than that, I'm lost."

"You can call me Steve, Captain America is like my code name."

I nod, this is the most I've talked in awhile. Maybe they will do good for me.

"People call me Hawkeye but my real name is Clint." The arrow guy speaks up after Steve.

"I have been just calling you Arrow guy honestly."

The red head laughs, "That's a good name for you Clint. I'm Natasha or Black Widow."

A silky voice says, "I believe you know that I am Loki"

"And that I am Thor, we are Norse gods as you know."

Tony speaks up, "Wait why would he know that you and Reindeer Games are Norse gods?"

I bit my lip, I don't want them to know about that yet. They won't look at me the same. I can't go back to the camps because of what happened, I don't want that to happen here.

The Master of Lies spoke up, "We are gods, we have been famous throughout the centuries. Obviously, Percy has done his research and knows who we are."

Natasha doesn't seem convinced but she thankfully keeps her mouth shut. Everyone just seems to roll with it.

An awkwardness settles over the group. Then Tony pipes up, "Well now that we got that out of the way. Is there anything you want to do, Percy?"

"I want to go swimming." I say immediately.

"Well we can go right now if you want. There's a pool on the first floor." Tony says.

"Awesome! I've wanted to go swimming now for a while." Clint exclaims.

"What is a pool?" Thor asks innocently.

Loki chuckles, "Midgardians use it as a form to hold water as entertainment. However it is not for drinking."

"Interesting word of choice, Loki." Natasha flashes one of her rare smiles as she walks towards the elevator.

"Hold up!" Tony calls out, "We all need a ride up to change."

"Does everyone have a swimsuit?" Bruce questions.

"I don't, but I don't need one." Once I found out who my dad was, I never bothered keeping a swimsuit. Kinda pointless when I can't get wet.

"I believe everyone else has one, so let's go." Clint says as we all load in the elevator.

Tight spaces. They are not my favorite. Especially with what happened downunder. No, I can't think about it now. It would ruin the day and I don't want that to happen. I push the feelings down as we ride up to our floor.

The elevator dings and I exit first and just sit to the side waiting for everyone to change. I don't know how I'm going to swim. I just hope the water will bring some comfort.

20 minutes later, we are all at the pool daring each other to get in first.

"Just put me in the water already!" I call out, just as Tony pushes Clint into the pool.