Valentine Day Special

Before the Avengers and Percy left for Camp
Loki POV

You are Loki Odinson. A mere mortal means nothing to you.

No matter what I mutter to myself, these nerves I have, do not go away.

A deal was a deal. Even I, the God of Lies, know better than to try and cheat Aphrodite. The tales of those who wrong her are common knowledge in Asgard.

Of course when she told me I had to ask a lady that works. I knew exactly who she was talking about.

Which leads me to my current seating place in a little cafe just a few blocks from the tower. The walls are lined with mortal books, some quite interesting, and their tea is one of the best I have had.

I come here often when I need to think. It is peaceful and helpful to coming to figure out life here on Midgard and how to help Percy.

There was always one maiden here that served my tea for me. She first laughed at me when I came in, an act very few would dare to do. I was having great difficulty with the plastic card Tony had given me.

Her laugh enchanted me, after I realized she meant not harm. I introduced myself as Loki but not using my full title. She wasn't afraid of me. She didn't call me a monster or an alien. She just asked if I wanted sugar in my tea with a smile.

After that, she always made a point in talking to me. She wanted to see the world and explore. Her endless questions tried my temper at first, but I was able to get used to it. She was innocent and pure.

When Aphrodite said I had to ask her on a date, I knew it was the right time to do it. The mortal ways of courtship are new to me and Peter had to explain to me. But I believe I know how it works.

But it doesn't help my speeding heart beat.

She finally comes out carrying a tray with my usual tea and biscuit. Her hair is pulled back messily and flour is on her apron. Her working manner only makes her more beautiful to me.

"Here you are Loki," She sets down the drink.

"Thank you Lillian." I smile at her. "Could you join me for a moment?"

"I think I can spare a moment." She glances around the almost empty cafe and smiles. "What's up?"

I do not understand why I can't just ask her, it is a simple midgardian thing.

"If you would be willing, would you care to join me on a date?" I blurt out.

She laughs. And I can help but look away as my heart fell. I was just rejected.

It takes her a moment to respond with, "I would be honored to Loki. When were you thinking?"

"Would a four days from today be okay?" I ask.

"That is perfect."

Morning before The Night Shift

I glance out over the camp, it should be okay if I disappear for a few hours. I had a promise to keep. No one will miss me here. 

Percy hasn't moved from the basement and if he does, Steve says he will watch over him just in case.