24

Scrolling through my Instagram feed curiously, I went on Aubree's page and instantly dropped my phone as I brought the device closer to my face. It was picture of Xavier and I last night dancing slowly to the orchestra playing. Looking down at how many likes it got, she received more than three hundred which kind of scared me because everyone in the whole entire school followed Aubree.

I was going to kill her.

Looking up from my phone, I had now realised that people were whispering under their breaths, their eyes shooting towards me with their phones in their hands as I quickly put my head down, a curtain of my hair covering my pink cheeks. Putting my phone inside my pencil case, I decided to walk down the crowded hall blindly, not wanting to run into Lydia or anyone from her group.

"Attention," the speakers announced in the hallway, making me halt in my steps. "Aubree and Thea Pearson, please come to the principal's office."

Biting my lip, I lifted my head up to see people already forming a circle around me until someone grabbed my forearm and started pulling me through the crowd, leading me to the Principal's office. Looking up, I realised Luke was holding onto my forearm then immediately stopped in front of the door which had 'Principal's Office' written clearly on it.

"Thanks Luke," I said with a small smile on my face but he only gave me a weak smile in return then made his way towards his first class.

Opening the door, I saw Anastasia sitting on her chair nervously with her mobile phone attached to her hand. Looking on the other side of the room was Aubree with her pink laptop on her lap, typing unbelievably fast.

"Mom?" I questioned, the word foreign on my tongue as I knew I needed to get used to calling Anastasia mom.

Anastasia looked up, her face flooding in relief as she beckoned me to come forward. "Thea, it's your dad's birthday today."

I nodded, already knowing since I had put it on my reminder on my phone. " I know."

"We're going to throw him a surprise party," Anastasia informed with a bright smile on her face as my eyes widened in excitement. "I guess you approve."

"What do you want me to do?" I asked.

"Well, I'm calling up his side of the family," Anastasia answered then pointed to Aubree. "Aubree's calling up his FBI work mates and his friends. She's also inviting Marco and his friends, basically the only people who your dad knows."

I nodded. "So...?"

"I need you to pick your dad up from the closest station since he's working with other cops," Anastasia answered with a small smile. "And take him out to wherever you want until 7pm."

"Is the house going to be decorated?"

It was Aubree's turn to answer. "I have the DJ booked for tonight and our house maid and the Walker's house maid will be decorating the house together and so when the DJ arrives, they will let him in."

"Okay," I replied nervously.

Before I turned around to get to class, Anastasia piped up; "Have a daughter and father moment. Good luck Thea."

"Good luck to you both too," I replied with a grateful smile before exiting the room and entering the empty halls.

Guess Aubree will be excused from classes today.

Sighing, I walked down to my first class of the day which was Geography, the class Xavier and I were both in. Due to last night's memories, a blush crept onto my cheeks as I remembered his smile when I agreed to be his girlfriend. Clearing my throat, I turned the door knob and entered the class, only to earn everyone's attention, even including the teacher's.