02.

Season 1 Episode 2: The Descent Into Hell Isn't Easy.

"Clary. Khloe. Come on we gotta go." Simon said.

Clary broke eye contact with Khloe and looked at Simon. Khloe looked at Jace and nodded telling him they'll go with him.

"Simon we think Jace can help us," Clary replied.

"What?"

Jace and Khloe started walking up the stairs and Clary dragged Simon up.

"Come on," Clary said.

"How do we know this mc jaguar guy isn't gonna try-"

"Mundane." Jace cut him off turning around the face him. "We do not have the time."

Khloe was waiting at the door for the other. Jace turned around and ran up the rest of the stairs Clary grabbed Simons arm and dragged him up. Khloe opened the door and held the door open for everyone only walking in once everyone else had. She closed the door behind her stopping the night air from hitting her skin.

Jace rolled up his sleeve and pulled out his Stele. He drew a rune on his wrist while Simon looked at Clary with a horrified expression on his face.

"I know trust me," Clary whispered to Simon.

"He's like burning himself," Simon whispered back.

Jace grabbed Simon's hand and Simon immediately began freaking out.

"Buddy what's going on? You're not my type I'm not even-" He stopped squirming and slowly everything Shadowhunters saw he saw.

Smirking Jace pulled his hand away from Simons.

"What the?" Simon said. "Clary is there a war going on that I don't know about?"

"There is now,"Jace said walking further into the institute.

"And I think mom is in the middle of it," Khloe said following Jace.

"You coming?" Jace asked Simon.

"Yeah," Simon said following behind Clary. "What is this place?"

Khloe followed Jace over to one of the screens as Simon took the place in. Everything from the people to the tech and weapons that gave him the chills.

"There's a lot of gear in here what'd they do, rob a tech store?" Simon asked.

The Fray twins and Simon stopped and watched as Jace pulled up the cameras.

"So this cold blooded killer is going to help us?" Simon asked.

"He's not a killer. He's protecting us." Clary said.

"Specifically you." Jace looked at Simon. "It's kind of our thing."

"Your thing? You guys have a thing?"

"He means a ShadowHunter thing," Khloe said. "That's what ShadowHunters do. Protecting humans from demons."

"Demons, right. That makes perfect sense, 'cause there are demons running all over New York."

"That is the first right thing you've said all day," Jace said to Simon.

Khloe frowned. "You've only known him for five minutes..." She pointed out.

No one had a chance to say anything as the screen in front of them beeped. It switched to a camera in hat showed two police officers out the front of the institute.