13.

Season 1 Episode 13: Morning Star

A deep sigh escaped past Khloe's red-stained lips as she released the tufts of hair she'd been spinning around in her fingers and pushed herself off the wall, favoring instead to anxiously pace the halls until Alec's return.

After the two exchanged some more words they'd decided to split apart in favor of work, Alec had reluctantly gone off to speak to his parents for the first time since the wedding and Khloe had to find her sister to organize the mission to recover the Book of the White.

Thankfully, her task wasn't a hard one, at least not as hard as what Alec was probably dealing with from his parents so she'd managed to quickly finish up and was now waiting.

Upon hearing footsteps approaching, Khloe spun around and smiled happily when she was met with the face of the man who had been consuming her thoughts.

He looked tired and stressed and it hurt Khloe knowing that it was partly her fault.

She grimaced lightly as the two met in the hall. "So I take it they're really mad?" Khloe guessed with a small pout on her lips as dread pooled in her stomach.

He chuckled tiredly and shook his head as he ran his hands over his face, sighing deeply too, letting his shoulders relax. "I've never seen them this mad before," Alec commented.

"I get the feeling that I keep getting you in trouble." Khloe half-heartedly joked as they began slowly making their way down the hall together.

Alec chuckled softly again and shook his head, this time a little more genuine when he laughed. "All jokes aside though, I hope it's nothing time can't fix," she added as she looked back up at him.

Alec looked down at her and smiled softly, stopping in the the middle of the hall which in turn caused Khloe to stop too and face him with a small frown etched into her brows. She didn't get a chance to question him before he was speaking again, reaching down to grab one of her hands. "I don't regret it, in case you were wondering," He said without hesitation.

It hadn't been a thought on her mind but somehow hearing the words help put Khloe's mind and heart at ease. She smiled and stepped closer to him, closing the space between them, placing the hand he had been holding on his chest before she stood up on her tippy toes to press a shy, soft kiss to his lips. "Good." She murmured softly before giving the boy some space again.

He smiled at her before looking both ways down the hall, seeing that it was clear before he placed a hand on Khloe's waist, pulling her as close as he could then leaning down to give her a proper kiss.

Khloe didn't hesitate for a moment to kiss him back, this time without the eyes of everyone in the institute.

Alec's lips were soft against Khloe's red-stained ones and she found herself wanting to do this all day. She wrapped her arms around Alec's neck, holding him close.

Eventually, the two pulled apart for air and Khloe's cheeks flushed pink as she looked down and avoided his eyes upon realizing how close he actually was.

She gently chewed her lower lip and tried to hide her smile. Alec chuckled and gently pushed a strand of her strawberry blond hair back out of her face and behind her ear. "Do you have any idea how long I've wanted to do that for?" He asked her amused.

"Probably just as long as me." She replied as she finally managed to muster up the strength to look up at him and into his eyes.

Alec smiled sheepishly and shrugged. "This isn't how I expected today to go, but i'm definitely glad that it did." He said after a moment.