03.

Season 1 Episode 3: Dead Mans Party.

The five Shadowhunters walked through the door of the institute all following Clary who was still pissed about Simon being taken.  Khloe was also pissed but for a different reason.

Izzy made a mistake and she said she was sorry. Clary is still pissed though which made Khloe feel bad for Izzy. She apologized and it really wasn't her fault. 

Izzy had told the strawberry blond that she told Simon to wait in the car while she checked around to see where the noise came from. How was she meant to know that A. there was two of them B. one was in the car?

Alec made a mistake by even suggesting that the Fray twins were spies for the man who took her mother and tried to return to take them. Who in the right mind would work for someone as sick and twisted as Valentine?

That is why Khloe is pissed. It didn't really help that Khloe was standing beside Alec. 

Alec knew what he said was a mistake and he would probably never admit it. He knew that Khloe wasn't a spy he just wasn't thinking straight. He had so much on his mind.  The raven haired boy just had a feeling that something horrible was going to happen.

He didn't know why he had it or what it was he just knew something was going to happen. He knew it wasn't a valid excuse. It was similar to the feeling Khloe had outside the club.

The two both had similar intentions. All they wanted was to protect their siblings. Although they both took different approaches. Alec following every rule he knew and Khloe slapping anything that got in the way.

"I still don't understand how can Shadowhunters be better than what you people call mundanes?" Clary asked stopping to face the four shadowhunters behind her.

"Because we protect humans," Izzy answered as Jace and Alec both crossed their arms.

"Your right humans. You protect humans. You left Simon all alone in the van. Great job, guys. You rock." Clary replied.

"There is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense," Alec said causing Clary to scoff and Khloe to stifle a laugh at the way he said it.

"Alec, not now." Izzy stopped him.

"Look, they won't do anything to Simon. They just wanted to draw the two of you out. They want the Cup, and they think you have it."

"But we don't. Why do they think that?" Khloe asked.

"Why does anyone think that? What, mom lies to us our entire life except, "Oh, by the way, there's this magical cup I hid on, like, planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone". What are we supposed to do now."

"We have to report this is to the Clave." Alec began "They have to know what we've learned about Valentine." Alec began walking away.

"What that he's our father. Great. Fine. Tell them. What good does that do Simon?" Clary asked Alec.

"Clary, it's all connected. The vamps want the cup." Jace said leaning against the wall.

"Why it makes new Shadowhunters. Don't vampire hate Shadowhunters?" Khloe asked.

"Yes, but nobody wants Valentine forming an army loyal to himself," Alec told the strawberry blond.

"Puls, it controls demons," Izzy added looking at the older Fray.

"They'll propose a trade. Simon for the cup." Jace told the twins.

"So the vampires will trade Simon for the cup. And Valentine will trade our mother for the cup. The very cup that we don't have or have any idea where it is or could be. Lovely." Khloe said crossing her arms.