Prologue

(A/N): Hey, Sherby here. I'd like to thank you for all the support I've been receiving. I'd like to do something special for you guys, but I don't know what. Suggestions? Thanks ^.^
Anyways, I hope you like it, my #2 OTP ;P (First is Mithross, which I already have a story of ;3)

Travis's POV-

"Aw, Katelyn, come back! It was just a joke!" I yell after her, and she stops in the middle of the street and glares at me. What's wrong with her? Usually she'd just punch me, but she seems so nervous today.
"Travis, I can't believe you! I try to have a serious conversation, and you just-gah! Nevermind I can't believe I was going to even ask you anyways!" She screamed back, her face red with anger.
She wanted to have a serious conversation? About what? What was she going to ask me? Now I was just curious. "What?"
"Nothing, it didn't matter anyw-"
Katelyn was cut off by a large screech. My gaze flew to the street, where a car had just hazardously ran the turn and was now speeding uncontrollably towards-Katelyn!
She was frozen in fear, eyes no longer angrily fixed on me but rather on the car that would inevitably ram into her within seconds. Her name escaped my lips, and I found myself running, full of adrenaline, towards her. She couldn't die in front of me, I wouldn't let her. I reached her moments before the car did, mustered all my strength and pushed her away from the danger. She tumbled away onto the sidewalk. She's safe.
Then the car rammed into me and all I could feel was pain.
Ribs broke, I'm pretty sure something in my arm snapped too. The car finally screeched to a halt, causing me to flip off the hood and hurl towards the pavement. I'm dead. Better me than Katelyn, the only girl I've actually loved. She may not know it, but I did.
"Travis!"
As I rotated through the whirling air, I caught view of Katelyn screaming my name. Our eyes locked, and hers were wet with tears. I smiled reassuringly at her.
Don't cry for me. It's alright.
I did this for her. I may die now, or be scared for life, whatever. But if Katelyn is alive, I am too. For Katelyn. For Katelyn. For Katelyn. Those two words rung in my head as I connected head-first with the pavement. Immense pain spread throughout my head and everything went black.