Chapter 2

(A/N): Thank you all for all the support ^.^
Luv ya pineapples ♡

Travis's POV~

For Katelyn. For Katelyn. For Katelyn? Who's that?
I lifted my head slowly, pain spreading across me like thin fingers. I gingerly opened my eyes. My head throbbed. Why?
"Oh my! You're awake!" A high-pitched voice squeaked.
"Wha...who are you?" I ask, slightly tilting my head towards the noise, man my head hurts. So does my chest...and my arm...heck, my whole body ached. "I...who are you?" I ask again to the voice, which I could now see belonged to a woman ib a white dress with a red cross across her pocket.
"I'm your nurse, sweetie." She replied, looking at me with big, concerned blue eyes.
"Are you...Katelyn?" I ask slowly, finding it amazing how I can think up words and pop them out of my mouth so casually.
The nurse seemed suprised. "No dear, I'm not. Do you remember a Katelyn?" She asks me gently.
I wasn't sure I wanted to tell her anything. I just wanted to see this Katelyn who's name kept ringing in my head. "I wanna see...Katelyn." I mutter, looking away from the nurse. White hair flipped across my vision. It took a moment for me to realize it was mine. Am I old? No, it's not gray, it's just...pure white.
"Of course, I believe she's at work, but I'll contact her right now." The nurse chirped and hurried out of the room.
Why did I need a nurse? A look around confirms my suspicions: I'm in a hospital. What happened? Why can't I remember? Soon, the nurse returned. "Katelyn is on her way. She'll be here in about 30 minutes. Now, I'm sure you have some questions." She informed me.
"Yes...I do...why am I in a hospital?" I began, untangling my endless stream of questions and asking the one that appeared the most.
"Well, about two weeks ago, a speeder ran the curb and ran into you. He tried to flee but don't worry, that lovely blue-haired woman helped us track him down. She was very determined that you be avenged. You broke a couple ribs and your left arm in the crash. You also split your head open, and severely damaged your brain. I'm sorry to say your memory will be gone for awhile. We aren't sure how long."
"Oh..." So that's why I feel like I'm forgetting something. I'm forgetting everything.
After a bit of discussion about my health, and explaining the world and how it works, the nurse offered me some chocolate someone had left for me. I bit into it and I was taken aback by how good it was. It was white with little brown dots sprinkled around. I took another bite. "Aw man, this is good." I mumbled as I swallowed.
"It's your favorite." The voice wasn't the nurses. I turned towards the door to see a figure leaning up against the frame, her icy blue eyes fixed on mine. The blue-haired woman. Katelyn, maybe? Her hair was a light blue, and fell perfectly to her stomach.
"How do you know?" I felt stupid for asking that and regretted it the moment I said it, obviously she knew me before the accident.
"You told me." The woman shrugged, not once averting her eyes from mine. They shone with such an intensity I had to look away for a moment pretending to put down the chocolate. "Are you...Katelyn?" I asked nervously. My palms were growing sweaty and my stomach had butterflies. What the heck is wrong with me?
"Yes, I'm Katelyn. The nurse said you requested me? How do you remember me?" She asked, walking to me and kneeling down beside me. She pressed the back of her hand to my forehead, and my hands tingled.
"I...I just remember...t-two words...for Katelyn." I tell her. Why am I so nervous?!
"I see...you don't remember anything else?" She asked softly, her eyes still on mine.
"N-no...do you know what that means though? For Katelyn?" I asked, the possibility of answers of my past life exciting me.
"I...I believe that was a thought, because I was there when it happened and you didn't say that. I think it's because..." Katelyn looked away. She looked away. This much really be a touchy subject.
"Y-you don't have to tell me if it makes you uncomfortable." I tell her, and she looks down and smiles.
"Thank you. I appreciate that."
"Um...sorry to ruin a moment here, but Katelyn, Travis needs coaching on his former life. Would you teach him?"
Katelyn smiled sweetly at the nurse and shook her head. She declined? Why do I feel a pain in my heart?
"I'd love to really, but I don't believe I'm in any shape too. Besides, I don't know him as well as Dante does. He should coach him, I know he'll say yes. But with Nicole. I don't want Dante controlling his rehabilitation. The things he'd tell him." Katelyn chuckled slightly and ruffled my hair. She touched my hair. Oh my Irene she touched my hair.
"Well, I gotta get back to work. See you later Travis. I'm so happy you made it." She smiled brightly and gave me a quick hug. Pain shot through my back but I didn't care. Her touch felt so familiar. Then it was gone and she hurriedly walked away. When she closed the door, I felt empty again. Why did I feel this way? Was there something Katelyn wasn't telling me?