Chapter 15

(A/N): I'm so sorry for my absence, I've been extremely busy. The update schedule for this book is changing because of that. This book will be updated:
Mondays
Wednesdays
Fridays
Sundays
Thanks for understanding!
Kinda gory chapter ;^;

Katelyn's POV-
Aphmau and I squeaker over the phone, picking out baby names. Aphmau had just announced she was pregnant, no surprise there. She's been begging Aaron for a baby since I told her I was having one. Aphmau wanted to name her baby Jess if it was a girl, and Jason if it was a boy. (Get it?) I was leaning towards
Cassie as a girl, and Travis really wanted to name it Tubbles. I'm a few months in, and the doctors said it was a girl. No way am I letting my baby be named after a fat cat from a video game.
A knock on the door signaled Charlotte was here. She was taking me out baby shopping. "Hey, Char." I smiled at Travis's sister as she motioned me outside. "Let's get going, shall we?" She asked happily, and we set off.

(Time skip because of pretzels)

"Aw, look at this onsie!" Charlotte squealed. "It's even your color! Baby blue!"
"Aw!" Charlotte tossed it in my cart. "We're getting it!"

"Everybody put your hands up!"

Three men came running in, guns in hands. I instantly obeyed, due to my baby. They locked the shop door. "Alright, hand over the money!" One went around, collecting wallets while the other went to the cashier. I heard someone protest against them on the other isle, and a shot rang out. Blood spilled over to our feet. I squeaked and Charlotte shuddered. He came over to us as his companion yelled, "Police are here!" The man grabbed me and ran to the front of the shop. Unable to resist, I allowed myself to be dragged to the storefront. "Let us go or the pregnant woman gets it!" He screamed at the police. "Leave!"
They didn't. They obviously were amateur police officers and didn't know what they where doing. "Five!" He shouted.
Not my child, please.
"Four!'
I had so much I wanted to do.
"Three!"
Travis and I were going to get married.
"Two!"
We were going to raise her together.
"One! Your loss!"
Goodbye.
I heard the gun fire. I felt myself falling forward. Surprisingly, I felt no pain. Is this how death feels like? I crashed to the floor, blood pooled around me, it's ancrid scent filling the air. I wasn't in pain. I wasn't knocked out. I wasn't dead. What? I turned to see the police break in, knocking the criminals to the ground. The one that held me captive was screaming, "At least I got her!"
A female police officer kneeled beside me. "Are you OK?"
"Yeah...I didn't get shot...who did?'
The police officer pursed her lips. "That young woman took a bullet for you...poor thing, I don't think she's going to make it..."
I sit up and see a familiar girl on a stretcher. "Charlotte!" I screamed, running over. "No, no, no, not you!"
"Katelyn..." Charlotte whispered, coughing up blood. "Take care...care...of my baby brother..."
Her eyes rolled over and she stopped breathing. No no no no no! Not her! Char can't be dead!
She...
She...

She died...
For me...
Travis almost died...
For me..
Why?
Why me?