Chapter 1

(A/N): DON'T HATE ME FOR HURTING TRAVIS IT HURT SO MUCH TO WRITE THAT ;C
And the cheese tho ;~;

Katelyn's POV-

I almost said it! In front of Travis! I blushed, trying to disguise it with a flush of anger. It seemed to work.
"What?" He asked, seeming curious.
Like I'd tell him. "Nothing! I can't believe I was going to tell you anyw-"
A car appeared from seemingly nowhere at light speed, hurling towards me uncontrollably. I froze with fear, like a deer caught in headlights. I heard Travis scream my name. Oh my Irene, I'm going to die.
The car closed in, and I squeezed my eyes shut, bracing myself for impact.
When something did connect with me, it wasn't the car. White hair flashed before my eyes and suddenly I was tumbling away from the car, towards the sidewalk. As I fell, I saw something I'd never forget.
I saw the car ram into him. I heard his bones break. The car stopped suddenly, causing him to fly off the top.
He didn't...
I felt feeling return to my fingers. "Travis!" I screamed, tear beginning to fall down my face. His green eyes met mine as he flew towards the pavement. Why couldn't I move? I'm so useless! He gave me a reassuring smile. A reassuring smile. Then his head hit the pavement, blood spilled, and the smile was gone. "Travis!" I screamed again, forgetting my numbness and running towards him. No, not him, not him...Travis...I fell to my knees beside his body, his blood soaking my legs. "Travis! Please! Stay with me!" I cried frantically, removing his green sweater and tying it across his head. The bleeding didn't stop. "No...don't leave me..." I cry, hugging his body tightly to mine. Nothing else registered to me but his pale, sweaty face. I didn't see the driver speed away from the scene he caused. I didn't hear my friends call for the ambulance, I didn't register Travis being loaded onto the ambulance. I clasped his hand tightly and didn't let go. The doctors poked and prodded him, jammed things in him, but I didn't care. If they can help Travis, who am I to judge?
The trip to the hospital took way to long. Every second passed was a crictal blow to Travis's chances. When we finally got there, they made me let go.
It's for the best, he'll be better soon, the nurse told me. I told her to shut up and go help Travis. She did.
Now I'm waiting for news with the gang, them trying to comfort me. Aphmau told me sleeping would pass time, but I couldn't. How can I sleep when this is all my fault?

After 3 long, sleepless nights, the doctor told us Travis will live. I was overjoyed. If he had died because of me...but there was a catch. Always a catch. He had broken his arm, ribs, and his head had been cracked open, so he wont be able to do anything physical soon. He also had messed up his mind pretty bad. So bad, in fact...he wouldn't remember anyone when he woke up . He wouldn't remember me...do I deserve to be remembered?