Chapter 9

Skylar's POV

Our eyes were still locked. I heard someone clear their throat and I snap out if it.

I turn to look at Zach, who was looking at Lexie. I turn to see Julie watching me closely. There was a wierd expression in her face. Like she knew something I didn't.

I clear my throat and look at Lexie. Her eyes were looking at the floor. She cough a little. And raise her head to face me.

"Good afternoon, Coach McKay. Its nice to have you for supper", Lexie say giving me a small, shy smile.

"Good afternoon, Lexie. Please call me Skylar out of school", I say.

She look a little confuse at my response.

"Sorry dear, your mother and I forgot to mention that we will be having a guest for some time", Zach pause "our guest is Coach McKay or Skylar as he prefers to be called out of school. He be living with us until his house is done being built", Zach finished smiling at me.

I returned the smile and look at Lexie. Her eyes were wide but she soon recover.

"Well, that's a surprise!! If you need anything feel free to ask me. Its nice to have you here Coach McKay", Lexie say with a smile.

"Thank you Lexie. And please call me Skylar", I say smiling. She blush. I love that!!

Wait did I just..... Yeah I did. Damn it!!!

"Honey, Skylar will be staying on the second floor with you. His room is the one beside yours", Julie say.

I look at Lexie again. She is blushing even more. I wonder what she is thinking of.

"Food is ready!!!" Granny Ali says enthusiastic with a tray of plates.

Lexie and I both ran to help her at the same time. Wanting to help.

"Now, now!!!! No need for help. Am not that old you know kids!!", Granny Ali says with a frown.

We all laugh.

"We know your not Granny. We just wanted to help", Lexie say giving Granny Ali a hug.

I nodded in agreement.

"Well thank you but I can do it myself!!", Granny say.

She gave us our plate and served herself. We started eating in silence.

I took a sneak at Lexie. She was looking at the window. She had a concern look in her face.

"Honey are you not gonna eat?", Julie say to Lexie.

Lexie return her eyes to the table and nodded. She took a spoonful and ate it.

Our eyes somehow met again for almost the hundredth time today.

This time though our eye contact lasted longer.

I know this isn't good. I shouldn't but I am starting to feel it......

*Starting to feel LOVE huh? I though we agree on never EVER falling again?* my mind say.

I never say LOVE!!

( Sorry but do you guys ever have conversations with your mind or yourself? Cause I do. Does that sound creepy? I think it does!)

*We both agree to it McKay!!! Don't forget what happen the last time you fell in LOVE!!* my mind threatened.

My spoon fell out of my hand and fell into my plate with a loud CLANK!!

My eyes snap out of Lexie's spell and I look at anything but the people around me.

"If you excuse me. I need to go. Excuse me!", I say picking my plate and walking to the kitchen as fast as I could.

"Skylar!! Are you okay, son?", I heard Zach's voice.

"Yes, am fine", I say as I left the plate in the sink and got out of there.

Zach was walking towards me.

"I need to go to my room", I say walking past Zach.

"Excuse me!! Continue on eating ladies", I say and I quickly run the stairs.

I run to my room and close the door. Sliding into the door, I let a tear slide down my face. I wipe it of.

Am not gonna think of it!! Am not gonna think of it!!! But its too late now. More tears slide down my face.

I promise myself I never fall in love again.

Never again....

--------------------------------

What do you think of this chapter? Sad, bad or horrible? What do you think made Skylar promise himself he wouldn't fall in love again?

We be finding out soon!! So don't miss it!!

Don't forget to!!!:

Fan!

Vote!!

Comment!!!