Chapter 17

Lexie's POV

Half way through the episode, I felt my eyes getting heavy. I try to stay awake but the more I try the heavier my eyes got.

Until I finally close my eyes. I felt myself lean on something or someone before everything went black.

(Morning)

I slowly open my eyes, taking in my surroundings.

I felt something beside me move. I move slowly.

Leaning on me, Skylar slept. His brown hair sticking out to all places. His lips were parted and light snores coming out of his mouth.

His breathing was calm and peaceful.

I reach with my hand his hair. I stop right before touching it.

*What if he wakes up and finds me touching his hair? How ackward would that be?*

Before I could answer myself, I reach and touch his hair. Moving it aside from his forehead. It was just as soft as I imagine it would be. I smile.

I finally realize how stupid I might look so I stop and slowly got up.

I stood beside one of the tables, my arms crossed.

As I continue to watch him sleep I notice his lips turning into a smile. I smile, trying to figure out what he was dreaming of.

As I continue to watch him, I finally realize 4 things.

First, Skylar was a teacher. MY math teacher to be more precise. Second, he live in my house, which made things dangerous. Third, we had kissed once. And fourth, the one I been trying to denied to myself for a long time now, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.

And there was nothing I could do about it. Finally admitting this was like a wave crashing over me because its not right for me to feel this.

*But we can't hide this anymore*

My conscious once again talks.

*Yeah but its wrong*

*We can make it work?*

*No it wouldn't even if we try*

*But-*

*I say no*

I snap out of my thoughts and look at the clock that sits in another table.

7:00 AM it reads.

I walk to Skylar and grab the blanket and cover him with it. I smile. I need to solve this over breakfast. This feelings.

I walk out of the library, closing the door quietly and run to my room. Once inside I run to my bathroom and wash my teeth.

I also fix my hair. Finishing up I run out and down the stairs.

I walk in the kitchen to find Granny Ali finishing up breakfast since in an hour she and my parents go to church. I usually go with them but since Skylar's arrival, everything has change.

"Good morning Granny Ali!!!", I say giving her a hug.

"Well it was about time you woke up lazy bones!!", Granny Ali says.

I laugh.

"Breakfast is almost ready", she says.

"Today I will upstairs with Skylar", I say.

She raises an eyebrow.

I blush.

"I didn't get something of the lesson so he is going to help me while we have breakfast", I say nervously.