Chapter 40

Songs for this Chapter:

Don't Let Me Go - Harry Styles (I know I put it for last chapter but its just so beautiful!! I can't even)

Torn - One Direction

Through The Dark - One Direction

Lexie's POV

Its been two months. Its been two long and depressing months. The longest of my life. The most terrible ones, too. Tears still fall like the first day. My body is weak. No energy left.

For part of the week, I been throwing up a lot. Even though there is nothing in my stomach.

Looking at the ceiling, since I lay in bed, I decide that I have fever. Sweat continues to form in my forehead as I continue to clean it.

The rain has not stopped and it doesn't seem like it will any soon. Skylex lies next to me in the floor, constantly looking up to see me as if to check on me.

"We need to take her to the doctor now", my dad's voice comes from behind the bedroom's door.

"Dr. is here", Granny Ali says next.

"Tell him I join him in a minute, please", my dad says again.

"Get her ready", my dad says before the door to my bedroom opens and reveals my mom looking stress.

"Lexie, sweetheart, we are taking you to the hospital. I am going to get you some clothes ready, okay?", my mom says walking inside the bathroom.

I weakly nod. Thunder comes from outside and Skylex growls next to me.

"Its okay", I whisper.

More thunder comes, and this time, Skylex does a sound between a growl and whimper.

"Skylex, shh. Its just thunder", I assure him just when another thunder comes from the window.

This time with lighting. And this time, Skylex leaves the room running while growling and whimpering.

"Skylex!", I call and manage to get up from the bed.

I jog as fast as I can to the hallway that is dimly light. By the time I reach the stairs, I see Skylex at the end of them.

"Skylex, come back!", I call again.

I never knew he was afraid of thnder. I run down the stairs with the energy I have left and when I reach the bottom, I see Skylex heading to the back door that leads to the backyard. With my bad luck, the door is slightly open but enough for Skylex to push through.

I continue to run after him, into the cold air. The rain quickly gets me soak in a matter of seconds.

"Skylex!", I call as I see him enter the woods.

I run inside , too. I try to keep p with him and turned here and there a couple times.

I suddenly stop. Stop because something catches my eyes. In front of me is a tree. A tree with words that meant so much to me.

"I, Skylar McKay, will never leave you, Lexie Robinson, I will love you forever"

"You promised", I whisper.

"I walk closer to the tree and toch the carve words slowly, feeling the cold of the wood.

My mind goes to that night. That night in Valentine's when Skylar prepare such a beautiful date for us in the backyard. And I can't stop it, but the memories flood in. To everything he say to me that night. All.

*Flashback*

"I will never leave you. If I ever had you taken away from me, my life would be hell. I promise I never leave you", he says.