Chapter 29

Lexie's POV

The last days of January soon came. And with that, February came, too.

I found out Skylar's birthday is this Friday. Not because he told me but because my father told me. I think Skylar didn't want me to know, so I won't do anything to celebrate his birthday.

But I thank my dad for telling me. I am trying to figure out something that Skylar will like. I thought of a party but I know Skylar won't be to comfortable with that, so party is out of the list.

Think Lexie! Something not to big but something that its almost equal to a party. Something that he will enjoy...

A picnic! Or more like dinner. Yes that work. But where? I think of all the places we been together and I immeadiately go back to our very first dinner.

The night that we both had dates but were cancel, and we ended eating at home. Then we watch movies in the library.

I can't help but smile. Now thinking about it, I realized that I was already in love with Skylar. Since the very first day actually.

The way his blue ocean eyes lock with mine when I had to tell four things about myself. The gaze his eyes held.

Everything about him pull me towards him. His smile.

Now I know. I will make dinner for him and set it up in the library. Right beside the big window that let's us see the whole town.

--------------------------------

Friday

I finish styling my hair and walk out of my room. I told Skylar to get ready because I wanted to go somewhere. He has no idea that I know his birthday is today.

You think I be mad he never told me and today, the day of his birthday, he still acts like nothing, but no. I forgive him.

"Are you ready Lex?", I hear Skylar from behind.

I turn around and smile at him.

"Yes am ready Sky. Let's go", I tell him.

He smiles and I grab his hand to lead him to the library.

"Baby why are we going to the library?", Skylar asks confuse.

"I left my phone in there and am going to get it", I tell him.

"Alright let's go", he says smiling.

We walk to the library and stand in front of the door.

"Ladies first", Sky says.

He opens the door and next the lights turn on and a few people yell a "Happy Birthday!!".

Sky turns to look at me. A huge smile on his beautiful face that causes me to smile because I know I surprise him.

He lays his hands on my waist and pulls me closer to him. He gives me a tight hug, putting my feet off the ground.

"You didn't have to do anything. With you next to me is the best present I can ever get. But thank you. Always surprising me. One day you'll give me a heart attack with your surprises", he teases.

I smile and then laugh.

"Your welcome. And its nothing. I love seeing your smile. And you better not have a heart attack because I will literally kill you if you do for scaring me like that. And I think you should say hi to everyone because they are all staring at us", I whisper to him.

He laughs and puts me down before giving me a small peck on the lips.

I hear a few "awww"'s and I smile.