Chapter 2

"Oh my god. Sorry bud, I didn't see you there." The unknown guy announced. He wore black thick rimmed glasses with a set a piercing green eyes staring back at me. Green seemed to be his theme as I quickly glanced up at the ginger haired kid. Flannel draped over his shoulders as he reached his hand down for me.

"It's okay, honestly." I reassured as I took his hand and let him pull me back up to my feet. " I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." Who was this kid?

He started shaking his head as if he could hear something rattling inside his brain, but then looked up at me with a confused look written over his face.

"Ermmmm, Sorry if this sounds rude, but who are you? I haven't seen you around? Are you new here?" Wow this guys asks a lot of questions, I don't even know what his name is. I don't know why, but I can see this guy being nice. I've never had a friend before; maybe this will be my lucky day.

"Yeah....yeah I just moved here. I was actually on my way to get my schedule. I'm Harry by the way."

Clapping his hands together, he starts to let out a quite chuckle "Well that explains that." A massive grin shone across his face " I'm Ed by the way. I don't usually introduce myself to someone by knocking them on the floor. Ashley wouldn't be proud." He shakes his head slightly almost bashful.

I wonder who Ashley is, but I feel rude asking. My mum brought me up to be a gentleman, not a rude person.

Suddenly there was an awkward silence between the two of us, yet the rest of the students around us filled in the noise. Curiosity got the better of me. "Who's Ashley?"

Ed's face beamed when I mentioned her name. His smile looked so genuine and real that it made me smile back. "Ashley is my mate; my alpha. She's everything I could've ever wished for." He looked past me as if he was watching his life play behind me. "I always thought that having an alpha as my mate would be the most torturous thing, but dude I was totally wrong."

All this talk about his mate made me envious. I wish I could find my mate and know that whoever is it will love me unconditionally. But that's a long shot. No ones going to love me once they find out that I'm transgender. At least I'll always have my mum.

"Hey bud, you okay?" I focused my eyes back with his green ones. I must have zoned out. Now he's never gonna be my friend...why do you have to always go and ruin everything?

"Yeah, I'm fine." I reassure him with a smile.

Ed stares me down, obviously knowing something was off. " Is it because I was talking about my mate?" I didn't respond and looked at my feet. He placed his hand on my shoulder and patted it a few times. " Oh, did you have to leave your mate back in your hometown?"

I kept my eyes glued to the floor. Unbeknown to Ed, this was not an ideal convosation topic to have with me. It always brought my mood down. I don't want Ed to leave, so I might as well tell him.

"No, actually I haven't found mine yet." Mustering up the courage, I lifted my head back up and gave him a tilted smile.

His eyebrows started arching upwards as a sad whine rumbled in his throat. I don't want him to feel bad for me.

"Oh Harry, you'll find them someday and they will love you to the moon and back." His hope filled eyes bored into my own.

"I'm not sure about that." Before he could question me I wiped the pained features off my face and added " So where's this office then? Don't want to be late on my first day."

Taking his hand off my shoulder he turned to walk, looking back at me. "Follow me bud, it's this way."

As I followed Ed to the office all that was playing on my mind was my mate. Who were they? Were they a man? A women? Something In between? I know I will love them unconditionally, but will they feel the same way towards me?

I was going to wait to update this, but I couldn't wait. I just want you guys to enjoy this story so I'm trying to get it completed in the shortest amount of time possible. I've got my last couple of exams coming up so update my be slow next week.

Stay classy and remain beautiful,
A //