Chapter 8

Twiddling my thumbs, I waited for the silence to be broken. I don't know what to say. Am I allowed to just ask them anything? I probably can't, I'm just an omega. I'll probably say something wrong and mess this whole thing up.

I lifted my head up and looked at the alphas around me. They were all looking at one another, obviously trying to get one of them to start the ball rolling. This was agonising. Go on Harry, you can do it. Just don't say something stupid.

"Errrr-" I started, which caused them all to snapped their heads round to me, as if I was a dog owner with treats. All eyes on me. No pressure or anything. " well, ermm, I don't know what to say. I'm not very good at this kind of thing."

Without hesitation, Louis placed his hand on my knee. It was comforting. Just that gesture calmed my nerves ever so slightly. "Hey, it's fine curly" a warm smile graced his lips." How's about you tell us where you came from?".

Oh god, okay. You can do this. Act cool, Harry. " Well, ermm, I moved from Holmes Chapel in Cheshire. It was pretty small actually. Everyone knew one another." There you go, you constructed a sentence. Keep that up and you'll appear relatively normal.

"That sounds nice, why'd you move?" Niall questioned. His eyebrows knitted together, emphasising his confusion. Now that I think about it, Holmes Chapel does sound like a nice place to live, but it's all an illusion.

I could feel my own eyebrows tangle up as I tried to think of I way to tell them why I left without saying the actual reason. I can't just lie to them, they're alphas; they can tell if I'm lying.

"Well as I said, everyone knew one another. If someone finds something out about you, everyone knows it by the end of the week. Let's just say I was a book without a cover, everybody knew my content. So in the end we had to go." Thinking that would put an end to the questions, I stopped. But with my luck, that wasn't the last of it.

Zayn edged closer from his spot on the couch, coming more into view then before. "Harry, I know you aren't telling us something. What aren't you telling us?"

No, they can't find out. They won't look at me the same. How do you say you tried to kill yourself and you're transgender at the same time?That's quite a bomb shell. Shit, I'm terrified. They can't find out. Oh god, they can't.

I could feel my heart rate increasing. I stared at my arms, quickly tugging down the sleeves. They won't find out if they don't see.

"Harry?" A soft, quiet voice hesitantly spoke. It was Liam. I met his gaze and his eyes were filled with worry. He glanced down at my sleeves then back to me. Tentatively, he touched my sleeve. He was going to pull it up and I couldn't stop him. I was to scared to move.

"Harry!" My mum shouted, snapping me back to reality. I yanked my arm from Liam's grasp, causing him to frown. He looked so hurt, but I've never been so relieved. My mother is a God sent.

Quickly getting up, I rushed to the kitchen, finding my mother balancing tea begs on a tea spoon. I swear that woman's going to scold he self with tea one day.

"Do you need some help, mum?". Throwing the used tea in the bin, she spinned on her heal and nodded her head.

"Yeah, sorry chicken. Could you help me carry the cups through?" Without even giving her an answer, she plopped two cups in my hands and let me tell you, they were hot. Catching on, she hurriedly turn them around so I could grasp the handles. Sometimes she's to quick to think, but I love her.

As we were walking back into the living room, all I wanted was for the subject to be dropped. I don't want to talk about it. It's called the past for a reason.