Chapter 5: I Don't Hate You

*Cassidy's P.O.V*

I decided to go back to the house. As much that I hated Justin was right I was going to have to fight it. I couldn't go through it again. I felt a tear trickle down my wolfy eye. I shook my head as I ran. As I neared my house I hear a ruckus. I stopped and listened more closely. I heard grunts huffs of...a fight? I sniffed the air more closely. The scent I identified made the hairs on my back stand at edge. Vampire. I ran full speed back to my house. Right now the vampire was on top of Justin and he wasn't in his wolf form. He kicked her and she flew across the room banging hard into the wooden walls. I charged after the vampire woman and chewed at her neck. She struggled and struggled until finally I chewed her head off her. I looked at Justin indicating to get my lighter in the kitchen. He brushed himself off and went to the kitchen. He returned with the lighter and he set the two separate pieces of vampire on fire. The stony looking remnants burned a foul oder. I whimpered at the smell. Justin went over and pet my head. I shook it off and glared at him with my big yellow eyes. He put his hands up in innocence.

"What did I do now?" He asked his voice going slightly higher went he said now. I shook my head and ran to my room to change back to my human form. I put some clothes on my naked body and returned to the still burning living room.

"Ugh that smell." I said

"I know." He said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I really don't know. She was around here. I smelled her. She obviously smelled me as well because she came after me. We fought for awhile then you came and yeah." He said shrugging.

"Why didn't you turn? You could have finished her easily." I said.

"I didn't have enough time, she was too fast. I think she was a really old vampire." He said. I nodded agreeing with his assumption. I looked at the now pile of vampire ashes. I got the fire extinguisher and put out the fire. Then swept up the ashes and threw them far away into the woods. There was an awkward silence between Justin and I. I guess he took this as a time to get to know me better because he started asking me questions.

"Soo how old are you?" He asked as he sat on the couch. He patted the seat next to him gesturing that I should sit. I stared reluctantly at the seat. My brain refused but my body surprised me as it made its way over to the couch. I sat as far away from him as I could.

"17. You?" I said.

"19." He chuckled. I nodded afraid of where these questions were going to lead to.

"Are you always this much of a bitch or do you just not like me?" He said raising an eyebrow. I smirked.

"Ah a smile. So you don't hate me now you just dislike me. I can tell you wanna hate me though." He said as if it was nothing.

"I don't hate you I just......I'm protecting myself...from getting hurt...again..." I cringed at my honesty. Why did I say that?! Now he's gonna ask more questions!! I silently cursed myself for my slip up. He doesn't care about me. It's just when I'm around him, he seems so genuine and sweet and- No! Stop it Cassidy! I shook my head to clear those thoughts. Justin could obviously sense my frustration/annoyance towards him. He smirked. What was up with him and smirking? And why did I amuse him so much?! To avoid any further questions I grabbed the remote and turned on the the tv. I stared at it but really wasn't paying attention to it. This guy was bad news. He was making me open up and I didn't like it...one bit.               

                         *Justin's P.O.V*

What did I do to make her not like me? I mean really. I'm honestly so confused. One minute I make her smile the next she's pissed at me. I really wanna get to know her better; wanna know what her deal is. Even if I don't get her to be mine I'd like to be there for her. She says she doesn't wanna get hurt again. Does she think I'd hurt her? Must be why she's so defensive. I have to prove to her somehow, that I could be trusted. But how?

"Hey I'm gonna go take a nap ok?" she said. I nodded and watched as she walked to her room. It was going to be really hard not to flirt with this girl.