Chapter 14: New Witch In Town

*Emily's P.O.V*

I quickly removed my hand from Cassidy's. What the hell. Your hands glow during a spell only when your a witch. Cassidy is a hybrid so how is it possible?

"Everything alright?" Cassidy asked.

"Yeah...Mom!!!!! Were here!!!!" I shouted to my mom. We needed to talk about this like now.  My mother didn't understand a lot of english but I knew if she heard my voice she would assume the obvious.

"In coquina!" (In the kitchen) she said. I made my way into the kitchen and Cassidy followed. I would talk about what my suspicions were to my mother but sadly Cassidy understood latin. I could of sworn she also said she doesn't remember how she learned it she just...understood it like she was born to speak latin. I saw Cassidy study my mother. I wouldn't blame her. My mom had me at 18 so yeah she's a young mom. Young..and gorgeous.

She had straight jet black hair like mine but her hair was longer. Mine only reached a couple of inches over my shoulder. She had beautiful blue eyes and mine were hidden with glasses. I know you would probably ask why I didn't just make up some sight spell or something. Well that would be considered personal gain in witch craft and I would probably end up with bad consequences like being able to see things I don't particularly want to see. Cassidy cleared her throat uncomfortably from the silence that fell over the room.

"Oh sorry..Mom haec puella Cassidy ... ego dixi vobis" (Mom this is Cassidy...the girl I told you about) I said. My mothers warm eyes selted on Cassidy. Cassidy half smiled.

"Hi denique pulchrum eius obviam vos in persona. Aemilia dixit mihi tam de vobis." (Hi its finally nice to meet you in person. Emily has told me so much about you) my mom said. Cassidy played with her fingers nervously. My mom gave me a questioning look but I shook it off.

"Um Cassidy were gonna um talk in private about something. Just make yourself comfortable." I said gesturing towards the table. I looked at my mom and moved my eyes in the direction of the living room. She nodded knowingly and followed me.

"Quid est illud?" (What is it?") Mom asked. I sighed.

"Mom habeo tenuissima suspicione tantum non est a Hybrid ut Cassidy. Aut sicut a Hybrid. Est aliquid puto .."(Mom I just have the slightest suspicion that Cassidy isn't a hybrid. Or just a hybrid. I think she's something more..) I said. Her calm expression didn't change. She didn't look too surprised like she should have to be honest. She just looked like someone told her something she already knew. She chuckled before replying.

"Bene quippe ipsa non inepta. Donec eu Vestibulum sicut et nos. Cogitabam de vadens ad formam."(Well of course she isn't silly. She's a witch like us. I was wondering when you were going to figure that out.) Mom chuckled again. I stared at her in disbelief. What?

"Quid exspectant? Si autem sciretis, quid est causae cur non?"(Wait what? If you knew why didn't you say anything?) I asked still uterly confused. Usually when another witch is in my presence I can tell. How come with Cassidy I just didn't know? As my mother opened her mouth to answer she was cut off by the sound of a cell phone ringing. It was Cassidy's. I heard her answer it then she came in to speak to us.

"Nos have a forsit. Iustinus et vocavit um bene quid ego haec? Quis venit ad me, et vultus meus domus eorum uh ... adhuc retinens obsidem fore ut, si possimus loqui in aliud tempus id magna."(We have a problem. Justin called and um well how do I put this? Someone came to my house looking for me and uh their still there...holding him hostage so if we could talk another time that'd be great.) Cassidy said with a slightly alarmed expression. She looked like she was trying to stay calm but her efforts weren't enough. Who could blame her? If that was my boyfriend I would leave without a second glance. I nodded.