Chapter 7 - Confusion much?

heyy guys thanks for the comments :D would love more. erm hope you enjoy i really like this chapter :) xx

Picture of Max ------------------------------------------------------------------>

Chapter 7

Eli Thompsons POV

Grace was standing right in front of me. I had my hands either side of the desk around her. I knew that I was way too close to her but I couldn’t help myself, I kept feeling the need to be close to her. Her blonde hair was covering part of her face and hanging in her eyes. Her eyes were amazingly grey, like liquid moonlight, twinkling at me. I knew I kept getting lost in them. It felt so right to be like this with her but I knew it wasn’t. We were just talking about my sex life for god’s sake. I can’t believe I left my windows open what an idiot. She looked happy when I told her she weren’t my girlfriend though. I am so confused right now, dam you teaching degree. I noticed her thinking as well, her eyes did this kind of lost thing, she looked at the clock. “Erm Eli its 6, I should probably get home” She called me Eli! Oh wait she had to go, I walked off instantly straight to my desk not wanting her to see the sad look on my face. Why was I sad, she’s my student, this can’t happen. “Yeah sure I’ll see you tomorrow Grace” I responded probably a bit coldly. Why did she have this effect on me? “Ok then see you tomorrow, don’t forget to shut your curtains tonight” I chuckled to myself when she said that, how can I be angry at her for having to leave, man up Eli. I headed for the door and was right behind her, she didn’t realise this as she turned round and bumped into my chest. My heart quickened and my arms automatically wrapped around her, protecting her from falling. We were so close. “You really need to stop doing this” “I wouldn’t know what you mean” we stared into each other eye. I chuckled at her, well until I realised I was still holding her, I let her go and I said with my boyish grin “You called me Eli twice today without me saying to, I liked it” “Yeah well you ask me too” “yeah I know”. I said happy to myself. I liked when she called me Eli, it made me feel closer to her. We started to walk out of the school together. I was in front and could feel her eyes on me, not that I minded. I liked the fact she checked me out, if only I could tell her the attraction was mutual, but I couldn’t.

We got to the car park and our cars were the only ones left. Mine was right near the front. I scoured the car park for her mini, it was the other side. She looked like she was about to say something  “Eli see” I couldn’t control this anymore I had to see if she wanted to kiss me, like the way I wanted to kiss her. I was right in front of her again she looked up into my eyes, her grey orbs were dazzling me and I was leaning in to her. She seemed to be doing the same, her eyes sometimes moving from mine to my lips. Her lips looked so soft. We were within inches of each other when I came crashing back down to earth. 1) We are in a car park, where anyone can see and more importantly 2) she’s my student, I could lose my job and go to jail.

I hated what I had to say to her next “We can’t do this, it’s so wrong” I said hurt in my eyes and in hers “I don’t mind” neither do i, I thought but I couldn’t kiss her there was too much to lose, too much heartache “Well I do, I am sorry Grace, I’ll see you tomorrow Miss Parker” I said in the most teacher voice I had. And with that I had to walk away. I turned on my heels leaving a confused hurt 17 year old girl alone in a car park. What a man, eh Eli. I felt so shit. I got in my car and knew I had to leave. I turned on the stereo and sting don’t stand too close to me came on. “Nice one Sting, you know how to cheer a dude up when he is down” I said sarcastically. I sped off, she was still standing there, I wanted to run up and hug her but knew I couldn’t, I would only be messing with her more. I finally arrived home to see my lights on, Max my younger cousin must have been here. He was always here, usually cause he couldn’t bring girls back to his when his parents were home and also because I actually like him being around. He had his own room and everything. I am glad he is round tonight; I think I am going to need some company. I realised I had been sitting in my car thinking now for a good 10 minutes and went to get out. Two bright headlights came down the road and pulled into the drive next to me. “Shit, why did she have to live next door as well.” I got out and locked my car, I turned at just the right/wrong moment whatever way you look at it because I could see her hurt filled moonlight eyes looking into mine, in fact they were gazing at me, and I could see a lot of confusion. Dam, no one told me that when you become a teacher how hard it would be not to fall for your student. Wait I am not falling for her, I have known her for 2 days! Elijah James Thompson you are a teacher and a grown man get you act together! I realised we had been staring for ages and decided it  was time to leave, I turned and mouthed goodnight to her, not knowing if she saw and walked into my house.