Chapter 16 - Why Him...

Heyy thank you everyone who is still reading this, when i first started it i didnt think i'd ever that the response i was having to be honest, it does honestly mean so much. please please please let me know what you think of the story and any ideas.

This chapter is again for Max becuase he has been ill for the past week, and hope he gets better soon, Law is not the same!

COMMNET! VOTE! FAN!

Chapter 16

2 week later, 22nd December

Eli’s POV

I was stood by his grave side. I hated this place so much, it seemed like no matter what time of year it was always cold and eerie. My feet took me to that same grave I have visited before. As I walked there I took notice of the rows and rows of what were essentially, slabs of concrete.  Tombstones that will last far longer than the life they are meant to mark. The winter bitterness added to the cold silent death like atmosphere. I looked around like I had done before, like when we came and picked this, to be your final resting place. I knew you would have loved it, the grass was kept well trimmed and it was peaceful, you always told me you wanted to live in a peaceful place I thought to myself.  Every time I came here I couldn’t help but remember all the great times we had, how we would laugh, how we grew up together, how that anything I do now wouldn’t be the same.

His grave stone was a shiny black granite with a gold inscription, it read Life- get drunk, learn to drive, make mistakes, get laid, party hard, study hard, get married, have kids whatever you do in life enjoy every minute of it. I could stand for hours just reading that saying over and over again, imagining you saying like you had so many times before. Every time I did I could imagine you doing all of those things, and it kills me knowing that he won’t be able to get married or have kids of down that last beer. I looked at the fresh flowers that had been put down for you, as always there was a note attached; I never dared read them after the funeral flowers. As usual I started talking to him like he was still with me. “Hey, seen your mums been up here again, you’d think she would at least buy you blue man flowers” I chuckled. “Even now girls are still bringing you flowers, you really were a whore. Though bet your loving all the female attention, if you had seen the amount of girls at your funeral, you would have died and gone to heaven…again.” A sad smirk was on my face. His funeral was one of the hardest days of my life, having to say goodbye for the last time.  I still remember that day like it was yesterday…

I stood in the mirror of the guest room; Lisa and John have been so good, well as good as expected with everyone, especially us boys. They both knew how hard it was going to be for us as well as them. I had my black suit on, white shirt and just fixed my black satin tie. I had been fighting back the tears all day and it was only 11am. I stare into my almost life-less eyes and questioned everything. "I'm all alone now. No one but me." I thought. As I continued to stare at myself I started to cry. "I don't want to be alone!" I thought, "Why did he have to go?!" Suddenly there was a knock on my door. I quickly wipe my tears away and answered in a shaky voice, "Who is it?" "It's time to go." the voice on the other side replied without answering my question. "Coming!" I replied staring at myself one more time. "It's time to go."

I took one last glance in the mirror before breathing a deep heavy sigh and left the room. Arranging the funeral was probably the worse bit though, deciding on everything, we all were so grateful they allowed us to help. I knew that myself, John, Lisa, the rest of the boys were driving in the family cars behind the hearse, everyone else was meeting at the church. We boys were all so close, ever since we were little, we went through everything together, play group through to school, spent summers getting into trouble, girls, dates, everything and now one of our fantastic 7 were gone, and it felt empty and wrong. “You boys ready to go?” Lisa asked. We all nodded and started to pile into the cars. I could tell she was keeping strong we all could, after spending 20+ years of your life round some ones house you know a person and Lisa was close to breaking down to tears, but who wouldn’t knowing that as soon as you get in that car you’re going to bury your son.