Chapter 20 - Nando's

hey again sorry it has been long, tbh there isnt any excuse either, but good news we break up for summer on thursday so that means A LOT more chapters!!

this chapter is a lot more tame then previous but lots of action is coming.

and this is dedicated to ellenpeek as she was first to comment thank you...

Chapter 20

Hospitals it’s just something about them that I hate. Maybe it’s the over clean smell, the sick people, the arrogant doctors, maybe it’s the fact that hospitals are a pool of emotion, sadness, happiness, worry, panic, concern. Hospitals, the places where you are born and where you can die, a place filled with so much joy and so much sorrow. I laid face down on his bed. The Television announcer continued the boring, meaningless conversation. Books that I had already read 6 times each sat on a nearby oak table, The heart rate machine screamed "BEEP!" every 20 seconds, The pale white walls matched the boring bedspread. The window let me look back at the outside world. It’s been 2 days since the accident; Eli is in a coma and has a broken leg, ribs and collar bone. His beautiful face covered in bruises now a black and blue colour. Whoever this person is means serious shit and there messing with him. I can’t take that why him?!

I haven’t been home in 2 days in fact I don’t even remember the last time I ate, I haven’t left Eli’s side at all. Max has been here almost the whole time as well, though at this minute he has gone to drop Eli’s parents back to their house. I suddenly feel his body move stiffly and slowly. My head rises automatically and see him peering down at me with those caramel eyes. “Hey sleepy head” I manage to whisper; he tried to smile but instead winces at the pain.  “Don’t try and move Eli I don’t want you any more damaged”. He just nods, “What happened?” he asks. I get up and pour him a glass of water to stop the dryness in his mouth. “You were in a car accident, somebody ran you off the road.” It still brings tears to my eyes when I think about him being pulled out of his now destroyed BMW. “Grace how long have you been here?” I look at him, he is now sitting up. “Since the accident so about 2 days why?” he gives me a disapproving look “Grace Parker as much as I appreciate you here you need to go home and get some sleep princess, promise me ok” “Not until I get to kiss you better” he tries to give me a smirk. Cautiously I bring my lips down to his making sure not to put too much pressure on his bruising and cuts. “Now that’s making me feel a lot better already” I smile for what seems like the first time in a long while. “look I am going to tell the doctor you are awake and then call Max as he is with your parents ok don’t go moving I know what you are like!” I say giving him my you-better-not-move-or-I-am-going-to-beat-your-ass face. “Even when I am in this state you still can make me grin Miss Parker.”

I leave the room and start to head to the front desk of this section of the hospital. When I reach the desk there is only one lady there. She looks like she is in her mid-forties, ginger hair scraped back into a bun and is wearing a blue blouse. She looks up at me from her desk, peering at me through the dark rims of her glasses. “Can I help you?” she asks politely. “Yes, the man in room 405 Eli Thompson has just woken up and the doctor said when he did I should call him straight away” “Not a problem, I will let the doctor know now so he should be down in about 20 minutes” “thank you” I slowly make my way back to his room, I happen to as I approach the door stop and hesitate before I go in. something doesn’t feel right, like someone is watching me. A prickling sensation makes its way slowly up my spine and into my neck causing each hair to stand. I give a quick glance round just to check, but as I thought nobody was there.  I enter the room and see Eli trying to reach a cup of water. He’s half hanging out of the bed and exposing his rather scrummy bottom because of his gown. I rush over and help him out, turning to him and frowning. “Oh dear what have I done to deserve such a frown?” he asks, like he doesn’t know. “Well Mr Thompson the thing is I gave you strict instructions not to move and I come back to find you half hanging of the bed exposing you behind” I manage to keep a straight face. “Well Grace we both know then that must have been an amazing sight for you.” Oh that didn’t take long the signature Eli Thompson smirk to return. “Still even with a broken collar bone and leg you still are as vain as ever” he looks pleased with himself.