Chapter Eight

"I'll wait out here. You guys can go without me," you said as you slowed down to the Collins house. Apparently, some one in the family had gone missing in the woods, so you decided it would be best to question them about it.

"You sure?" Dean asked as he got out the car. His hands lies above the car and his green eyes looked questionably at your (E/C) ones.

"Yeah, I'll be fine," you waved off. The brothers both glanced at each other then shrugged.

"Alright, we won't be out long," the elder Winchester assured, backing off of the car.

You nodded and watched as they walked to the front porch, knocking on the door. A woman, who you had assumed was the missing camper's sister,  Haley Collins, opened the door. They talked for a little while and she looked out at the car, saying something that made Dean smile, and then let them inside. You quickly pulled out your phone, looking back at your message. Twenty grand. Either you took the job or you missed a great opportunity.

After much hesitation, you texted back to the number: Mission Accepted.

~Time Skip~

"Why would dad come here though? I still don't get how this Tommy kid correlates to him," Sam said as the brothers walked out the house.

"I dunno man. I'm telling you, none of this makes any sense," Dean turned his attention back to the impala, and he made an abrupt stop. "Wait-where's (Y/N)?"

He quickly opened the back side door, only to see a note left on the leather seat. Dean picked up the note and began to read. "What's it say?" Sam asked, looking over his shoulder.

Dean's look of concern shifted to one of anger. He looked like he wanted to punch something. "She ditched us." He handed the note to Sam and sighed, slamming his hands down on the top of the car in anger.

Something came up. I'll be back soon. Sorry. xoxo (Y/N)

"Why would she just leave all the sudden?" Sam asked.

"I don't know Sammy," he shook his head.

"You think Azazel got to her?"

"No, she definitely wrote this herself. Wherever she went off too, she doesn't want us to worry about it."

"So we're just going to keep moving on like nothing happened?" Sam raised a brow.

"It's our only choice."

~Time Skip~

Kill Confirmed. You texted, wiping the sweat off your forehead. Killing people was hard, but hiding the bodies took all the energy out of you. You grabbed your duffel back and left the steaming hot basement, where you had dumped a dead body into a fire. It didn't take you long to get to Nebraska. After hot-wiring the car in front of the impala back at Colorado, you just kept driving until you finally got to where you needed to be. You felt guilty for leaving the Winchesters, but you knew they were better off without you. It wasn't like Azazel could kill all of you at once if you were in two different places.

As you got into your car(well the car you "borrowed"), your phone buzzed. You tensed, afraid that it had been Sam or Dean, but relaxed when you realized it was just the same blocked number again.

Transaction Completed.

You were done. You got the money you wanted, but it didn't give you the usual satisfaction you get from a decent pay day. It frustrated you because you knew, something had changed. Being with those Winchester boys changed how you felt about the world, how you felt about your own job. It's like the money didn't satisfy you any more. You just wanted to be back with your boys.

Slamming the wheel of your car, you let out a yell. No one was around to hear, luckily, and you took out your phone again. You looked through your contacts, landing on the only one that really mattered: Dean W. Your finger hovered over the call button, and you took a deep breath before you clicked it.

"Hello? (Y/N)?" Dean answered the phone on the other line.

You sat there quietly, unsure what to say. Out of sudden fear, you just hung up.

~Meanwhile in the Impala~

After Blackwater, they decided their next move would be Wisconsin. There was a vibrating sound heard in the car cabinet. "Sammy, could you grab that for me?" Dean asked.

Sam nodded and took the phone out, looking at the caller ID. Sam looked at Dean with wide eyes, "It's (Y/N)."

"What?" Dean's eyes widened as well, "Put it on speaker."

"Okay," Sam answered the phone.

"Hello? (Y/N)?" Dean called out, keeping his eyes focused on the road.

The other line was silent and there was no response when suddenly, she hung up. "Did she hang up?" Dean asked.

"Yeah. Wonder what all that was about," Sam furrowed his eyebrows. "Should I call back?"

"Yeah," Dean nodded.

Sam re-dialed her number and waited for her to pick up when suddenly it said, "We're sorry, but this number is no longer in service."

"Okay, now something's definitely up."