Chapter Twenty

You were led to a room that looked like a home office, where Lucifer sat at the center behind a glossy auburn desk. "Welcome, (Y/N). Please, sit," Lucifer beckoned with a smile.

It wasn't like you really had a choice, so you took a seat in front of his desk. "How are you liking your room?" He asked as he stepped out of his seat. He walked around his desk and sat down on it, looking down at you.

"Eh," you shrugged nonchalantly, not wanting to give him any feeling of satisfaction, "I've seen better." 

Lucifer laughed, but the smile didn't reach his eyes. "Guess it'll take some getting used to. But never mind that, I brought you here to give you your first assignment," he clasped his hands gingerly before picking up the file beside him and handing it to you.

You took a look at the file, seeing a picture of a man who looked in his mid-thirties with greying short black hair and crinkly brown eyes. Attached to the picture were papers of identification, including his home address.

"Nico Giovanni Provenza. Thirty-seven, Italian native, and a man who owes me a lot of money," Lucifer explained, "I gave him a month to pay me and he still has yet to pay up. So I want you to kill him for me."

You continued flipping through the file, seeing that one paper said he had a spouse and two children. "This guy has kids," you shook your head, "Sorry I got a policy. I don't kill people with kids unless they hurt them."

Lucifer laughed maniacally once more. "Um, did you forget the situation you're in? I'm not asking."

"Come on, there has to be someone else you want me to kill. I can't do this."

"You can do this," Lucifer stood up, his smile started to fade. "And you will do it. Or else I'll make a quick phone call to the local prison and have your friends killed."

You bit your lip, finally realizing how helpless you were. Lucifer had you wrapped around his finger and there was nothing you could do. Not while he still had Dean and Bobby. "Fine," you sighed in defeat. "Can I at least request some materials to do the job?"

"Of course," Lucifer said, "Whatever you need to get the job done."

~Meanwhile~

Dean agreed to take turns with Bobby, letting him sleep on the last remaining bunk while he tried sleeping on the floor. The rest of his cell mates were fast asleep on their bunks, while Dean struggled to even close his eyes. All he could think about as he sat with his back against the cold wall was (Y/N).

"The first night is always the most difficult," a low voice with an English accent could be heard beside him. Dean turned around to see that one of his cell mates was awake. Finally taking a closer look at his cell mate, he could quickly deduce that this guy wasn't from Italy either. The man, who was a bit tubby, had short black hair, dark brown eyes and a bit of stubble.

"Yeah I bet," Dean nodded, looking back down at his hands.

"You're American."

"Heh, wonder what gave it away," the Winchester rolled his eyes.

"My name's Crowley."

Dean glanced back up at the man with quizzical eyes. "Dean."

"Welcome to hell, Dean," Crowley smiled.

"Oh trust me, my life's already a living hell," Dean laughed before falling into a sigh. "Hey...so what's the deal around here? Are we not allowed phone calls? And why don't they take fingerprints or anything?"

"Depends on who put you here."

"Does the name Lucifer ring a bell?"

Crowley's eyes widened. "You pissed off Lucifer? I'm surprised you're still alive."

"You and me both," Dean shrugged.

"Lucifer has connection worldwide. Including the prison system," Crowley explained, "When you're as wealthy as he is, people tend to turn the other cheek. Whatever you've done to get in his bad graces, he's probably doing his best to make sure there's no evidence that you're even in this country."

Dean started to put the pieces together in his head. "If there's no record that I'm even here, then no one would be able to find me. And that's probably why I wasn't even given a phone call."

"Looks like you're going to to rot in this hellhole," Crowley said, putting his hands behind his head.

"No...there has to be some way I can call someone."

"Well...I may know a way."

Dean arched a brow. "Well what is it?"

"I'll help you sneak a call," Crowley said, "For a price of course."

"I'll do anything."

"Tomorrow, when they let us out for lunch," Crowley said, "We'll discuss the plan then. For now, I'll be getting some rest. You should too. You're going to be here a while."