Chapter Twenty-One

Lunch came around in no time and all the prisoners were gathered in the cafeteria, each with their own little clique. Dean and Bobby walked out to lunch together, looking around to get a sense of what the social scheme of the prison was like.

"So I may have found a way to get a phone call here," Dean said to Bobby as he got on line and grabbed a plastic tray.

"You did?" Bobby arched a brow. "How?"

Dean turned around, nodding his head in the direction where Crowley sat alone. "Crowley? I don't know Dean," Bobby shook his head, "When we were out on the courtyard, I was getting intel on people here. I don't think you should trust him."

"What? Why not?"

"I've just heard that he's not someone you want to go around and make deals with," Bobby explained.

"We don't have many options here, Bobby."

Bobby sighed exasperatedly, "Just... be careful."

Dean nods, taking his tray as he walked over to where Crowley was seated. Crowley did not glance up, grinning down at his tray as he sensed Dean's presence before him. "So you've accepted my deal?" He asked in a low, but menacing voice.

Dean slid onto the seat across from him, setting down his tray. "You still have yet to tell me exactly what this deal is."

"I'll help you get your phone call. In turn, I may need something from you in the future."

"And what would that be?"

Crowley finally looked up from his tray, his dark eyes peering right into Dean's. "I'm not sure as of this moment. But I trust that when the moment comes, I can call in that favor and you'll do as I say."

Dean was hesitant for a moment, thinking back to Bobby's warning. Everything about this guy was sketchy, but from the looks of it, Dean didn't have much of a choice. "It's a deal," Dean said grimly.

"Hmph," Crowley smirked, "Very well then. This prison was built specifically for castaways, such as yourself. It isn't like any normal prison where you can call home or get visitors. Hell, they only let us outside once a day for half an hour. So the only place with access to a phone is the warden's office."

The Winchester arched a brow. "Don't tell me we have to-"

"You'll have to sneak into the warden's office. Now the warden goes out for lunch at 1:30, leaving his office unoccupied for about an hour or so."

"How the hell am I supposed to sneak in with all these guards?"

"That's where I come in. I have a few favors to cash in anyways, so I'll formulate a distraction," Crowley explained. "That will give you enough time to slip out without the guards noticing."

"Alright," Dean nodded, "So when are we doing this? Tomorrow?"

"You said this phone call was urgent right?" Crowley looked at the clock overhead. "It's 1:35."

"Wait, we're doing this now?" Dean could feel his voice crack as he spoke.

"The sooner the better," Crowley winked, then turned his attention to another prisoner at the far end of the room. He sent a quick nod his way and the prisoner stood up. Dean watched as the man walked over to the prisoner beside him and yanked him by the collar, sending him flying across the table. Crowley turned back to Dean as the guards started to swarm toward the commotion. "Now is your chance. Good luck, you'll need it."

Dean nodded, quickly jolting up from his seat.

~Meanwhile~

Nico Giovanni Provenza. The man who must rendezvous with death. The man with a family. Something you long forgot about until you met the Winchesters. Thanks to Lucifer's henchmen, you were able to locate him at a local cafe in the city, where Provenza planned to have a business meeting. You watched as he took a sip of his coffee, awaiting for his client. You were seated at a farther table, holding up a menu to your face while sneaking occasional glances his way.