Chapter Nine

After your last kill just months ago, you couldn't shake off the guilt you felt for deserting the boys. Though you knew doing this would practically be like putting a gun to your head, you decided to look for the Winchester brothers' dad on your own. You knew they were worried about him, and the best way you could probably gain their forgiveness was by finding their dad alive before they did. At first, you had no clue where to begin. You didn't even know what this guy looked like.

Yet, there you were, in a stolen car, driving down to Jefferson City, Missouri. You had a couple trustworthy connections from your travels, and from what they said, he was last seen over there. Disguised in a (any color that isn't your hair color) wig and a blue Dominoes Pizza polo, you parked right at the address you had written down, which was an apartment building. You hopped out the car, and walked straight into the building with an empty pizza box, trying your best to pretend you were just a plain delivery person.

You easily got past the lobby, thanks to one of the kind civilians that let you in. The hallway was quiet and you began knocking on doors. The first person to open up was a young woman in probably her twenties. "Delivery!" you smiled at her, quickly darting your eyes around the room behind her. Nothing suspicious.

"I didn't order any pizza," she arched a brow.

"Oh my mistake. Wrong apartment," you said sheepishly, "Sorry ma'am."

"It's fine," she nodded and closed the door. You turned away and stared down at the rest of the hall. You sighed and were about to keep walking when suddenly, the fire alarm rang. Furrowing your eyebrows, you whipped around, staring face to face with the infamous Winchester brothers. They stared back at you, dressed in full on fire-men gear. "What the hell are you guys doing here?!?"

"We should be asking you the same thing, pizza (girl/boy)," Dean scowled back at you.

"Guys, could we do this another time? We have to find dad," Sam interrupted. You and Dean silently glared at each other for a few seconds before acknowledging Sam.

"Fine. Let's go," Dean said and walked down to one room in particular and knocked on the door.

"You sure this is it?" You asked.

"Positive," he answered then yelled to the door, "This is the fire department. We need you to evacuate."

They unlocked the door slowly and without warning, you all busted in the room, causing the lady at the door to fall back on her bum. Dean sprayed the lady with some weird liquid that caused her skin to sizzle. "What the heck is that?" You asked.

"Acid," Sam told you.

"How did you get a hold of- you know what? I'm not gonna ask," you said, hearing footsteps rush behind you. You swiveled around just in time to send your fist into the other guy's jaw.  The guy fell against Sam, who swung him into an open closet full of clothes.

"Come on!" Dean yelled and pushed the woman in the closet along with him. You closed the door quickly and locked it. Both of you leaned against the door, feeling their fists pounding the wood on the other side to get out. "Hurry!"

Sam fished inside the duffel bag he dropped on the floor and pulls out lighter fluid and a match. You and Dean move away as he pours the lighter fluid at the entrance of the closet, then throws a lit match its way.  You all quickly rushed into the bedroom to avoid the impact of the impending explosion.

When you got into the room, you saw John lying on a bed with his arms and legs out wide. You recognized him from the pictures Dean showed you. His chest was still moving up and down, which meant he was still breathing at least. Abruptly, a large BOOM was heard from the leaving room and the impact caused chips of wood to fly through the hall and into the bedroom.

"Dad, wake up," Dean tried shaking him awake. He pulled out a knife to cut the restraints around John's wrists.

"Wait, wait!" Sam stopped him short.

"What?"

"What if this is a trap?" the younger Winchester asked.

"Well," you looked around, "This place isn't bugged. And I didn't see a sniper outside when I got here."

John groaned, slowly waking up. "Sam? Dean?"

"Dad are you okay?" Dean asked.

He shook his head. "They've been drugging me. Where's my gun?"

"Don't worry Dad. It's safe," Sam assured. Dean cut John free and helped him up.

"Who's that?" John looked down at you with narrowed eyes.

"That's (Y/N)," Sam told him, "It's okay, (she/he)'s a friend."

He nodded and you all turned to walk out through the front door. Suddenly, you heard gunshots coming from the hallway. "Go! Go back!" Sam motioned and he pulled out his acid-filled hose, ready to blast it at the intruders. You pulled out your pistol instead, standing beside him.

"We'll hold em' off. You guys go!" you yelled. John and Dean went back, exiting through the fire escape. Two people walked into the apartment, dressed in regular attire. Before they took another step, you swiftly shot one of the guys straight through the eye and Sam splashed the other.

"Sam, (Y/N), let's go!" you heard Dean shout from outside.

"Come on," Sam grabbed your arm and pulled you along with him to the back. He helped you get through the window and onto the fire escape then followed shortly behind. Dean helped John then you onto the street, while Sam quickly walked ahead. Suddenly, some guy walked over and attacked Sam. He pinned him onto the street and started beating him to death.

"Sam!" you ran over to him to help, punching the guy in the back, but to no avail. He grabbed you by the throat and lurched you over to the side, causing you to tumble hard onto the concrete. Dean followed after to help as well, and ended up getting thrown onto a parked car, shattering the windshield. The attacker, who was unfazed by any of your attempts resumed to pounding Sam's face in.

All the sudden, there was a gunshot, causing you to jump from the sound. You turned back to face Sam and saw that his attacker was shot and fell off Sam. Dean stood not too far behind, holding a gun in his hand. You stood up and walked over to Sam to help him stand.

"Come on. We gotta get outta here," Dean urged.