Chapter Eighteen

From outside, the building looked vacant. "Are you sure this is it? I don't think anyone is in there," Dean said as they entered through the parking lot entrance.

"Just keep your guard up," Bobby said, keeping a tight grip on his gun.

"Gotcha," Dean nodded, following at Bobby's side. "So where we headed to first?"

"Our best bet is that (Y/N) in his office, which is on the top floor," Bobby explained as he made his way to the staircase.

"Wait where are you going?" Dean asked, standing right by the elevator. "This place has 75 floors. Why can't we just take the elevator?"

"Are you stupid, boy? If you want to get caught, then sure be my guest."

He groaned, following Bobby into the staircase. "Fine, let's take the stairs. The things I do for you,  (Y/N)."

~Meanwhile~

"Oh (Y/N), I have some wonderful news,"  Lucifer strode into the room with the widest smile on his face, "Your little husband is an idiot!"

"He's not my..." You gave up trying to convince him otherwise. "What are you talking about?"

"Seems like someone wasn't smart enough to realize I own multiple properties in Rome," he sighed, showing a live footage on his phone of Dean and Bobby entering the parking lot of some building. "You see, they're at the main headquarters for Arch Industries. What they didn't realize was that I have other branches throughout Italy, like the very one that we're in right now. The funny thing is, this one isn't too far from the main headquarters, just about a five minute walk away."

You exhaled, feeling a wave of relief. Once they realized you weren't there, they'll come on time. Lucifer chuckled, looking back at his phone. "Too bad I already called the police about the break in," he sighed.

"Bullshit," you snapped back, hoping you were right. "That'd be a crime scene and the cops will be all up on your paper work."

"Ooh sweetie, have you ever heard of crooked cops? People like me with a lot of money can get away with plenty," he grinned, "I know people that can lock your friends up and throw away the key."

"If that's the case, then why am I still here?"

"You know, I had a lot of thought about what I was going to do to you. I was thinking torture, but then I thought, I don't want to wreck that pretty face of yours," he winked, making you grimace in disgust. "So then I thought, I could just kill you. That's what all my guards have been telling me I should do. But no... that's too easy."

Watching him go on was starting to get boring, even considering the circumstances. You were about to yawn when he slammed on the arms of your chair. "And then it hit me! You tried to steal my money, what better way of offering reparations than to work for me?"

"What..."

"I've seen your track record, (Y/N). You're a skilled killer, don't deny it," his eyes bore into your soul with each word he spoke. "I've got plenty of people after my riches and what better way to take care of that than have you kill them for me? Now of course, you won't get paid for your services seeing as you tried to steal from me-"

"I wasn't trying to steal-"

"Ah ah ah, let me finish," Lucifer shushed you. "The deal is, you do what I say, or else I make sure my friends in the armed forces don't let your friends live to see the next day."

"You wouldn't..."

"Oh on the contrary, I would," he smiled, showing you his phone again. This time on the live footage, you could see cops rushing into the building, pinning Dean and Bobby to the ground. "I can tell this is gonna be the start of a great relationship," Lucifer laughed.

~Meanwhile~

"This doesn't make any sense," Bobby muttered as he walked up the 73rd flight of stairs.

Dean, who was already heaving at that point, stopped for a second. "So... it's not just... just me thinking that.. right?"

"Catch your breath already," Bobby rolled his eyes, waiting for the boy to breath at a normal pace.

"Okay, but this seems a little too easy. From what you told me about this guy, wouldn't this place be crawling with guards?" Dean asked.

"This might be a trap. Just... keep a look out for anything sketchy okay?" Bobby told him.

Dean nodded before resuming to walk up the stairs. Once they finally reached the last floor, Bobby and Dean stood back to back, holding their guns up high. "That's the office," he points to the room covered with glass for walls.

"Bobby, I don't see anyone in there," Dean said.

"No, no, no," Bobby shook his head, "We need to get out of here now."

Dean paused, furrowing his eyebrows. "Hold on a sec, do you hear that?"

Bobby took a second to focus on what Dean was talking about and realized there was rumbling from downstairs getting louder and louder. "Crap, Dean we need to leave!"

"Where the hell are we going to go?!" Dean looked around desperately, trying to find a quick exit.

"FREEZE!''

It was too late.