Chapter 9

Hiccup

"I-i don't remember" I mumbled to Rapunzel over the phone

"Hiccup, we have to tell the police!" She exclaimed, "who were the people who were following us!?"

"I-umm...it was uhhh" I stopped, I really didn't know, i couldn't remember. I was going mad, I couldn't remember anything. Everything just seem to pass me by as if I were an old man with Alzheimer's,
"I need to g-go" I stuttered I groaned and pulled at my hair as I took some of my medication, I gagged at the awful taste and drank some water. The awful headache u got as a side effect began, I hated these stupid pills

Something was wrong, really wrong, I looked bloody awful, my hair was falling off, the dark circles under my eyes wouldn't go away and sleep wasn't an option. These...these strange nightmares of a man in the shadows haunted me and some girl with braids.

The same nightmare over and over, I walked through a castle , searching for a girl with strawberry blonde hair and just as I'm about to get to her, the man kills her and then me.

My hand started to twitch and I slammed it on the table for it to stop. I got a lump in my throat, tears in my eyes and then I fell asleep.

_*_*_*____*____*

Elsa

The following day at school I walked in and was stopped by the principal,

"Take your hood off" he ordered and I did as I was told, I was never one to disobey. He stared at me and then asked, "are you new?" I shook my head, rather confused but before I could ask why he asked me to follow him.

"What's your name?" He asked

"Elsa" I replied, quietly and then told him my last name.

"Oh, well you've certainly changed" he said in a shocked tone.

I was quite confused by his statement , was he referring to my eyes?

"Anyways," he changed the subject, "I have something for you to do"

"Yes?" I asked as I tapped my foot on the floor, I was polite yes. Patient? no.

"There's a new boy who has transferred here and I wanted you to show him around and make him feel welcome and our high school" he beamed proudly, I nodded.

"Com'on I'll introduce you two." He said and we headed to his office. "His names Jackson" I looked over at the boy, he had shaggy brown hair that matched the colour of his eyes. He wore a blue hoodie and some brown pants,

He looked oddly familiar

"Mr. Overland, this is Elsa" he introduced us and a smirk was placed on the boys lips.

The bell rang and soon the halls were beginning to fill with students

"Here's your schedule, Jack. I hope you don't cause any trouble here" he said and jack took it. "I hope you don't cause any trouble here, have a nice day"

By the time we exited his office the halls were fairly empty and it was just me and Jack.

"Do you need to stop by your locker?" My voice cracked and I mentally scolded myself.

"No I'm fine" he said and I nodded as I looked away

"What's your first class?" I asked

"English with Mr. Carlile" he said as he looked down at his schedule.

"Me too" I said "just follow me then, I guess"

When we entered the teacher glared at us for arriving late and interrupting his class. I blushed and quickly took my seat.

"Are you new?" Mr. Carlisle pointed to jack and he nodded. The had some conversation and then Jack took a seat.

"Psst" I turned around to see Rapunzel

"What are you doing here!?" I asked

"My schedule got changed," she explained."who's the hottie?" Her gaze pointed towards Jack.

I rolled my eyes and turned around, doesn't she have a boyfriend? Why is she looking at other guys.

After a painful long hour the bell rang and everyone walked out, I was always the last one to leave so I took my time

"Elsa, right?" I looked up at the sound of my name to see jack .

"Umm yeah" I mumbled as I stood up.

"Wanna take me to my next class?" He smirked

I held back the urge to roll my eyes but smiled and nodded anyways.

*#*#*#*#*#*#

I kept getting the same pain day after day, it was a lot like a brain freeze but worse, as I remembered the day I felt like I had gotten a heart attack, where I turned cold and I had a strange sense of pain I realized it was very much the same pain but in a different area.

And I always ended up freezing cold.

I walked down to get some medicine when I noticed Mother Gothel on the phone. I did my best to not make any noise as I reached the cabinet. She was facing the other direction as she screamed at the phone.

"I can't keep the girl from growing you know! Whether you like it or not , she will grow up and No one, not even you can stop that!" She yelled

I stayed put trying to figure out what the other line was saying but I couldn't hear and I saw as she got annoyed with them.

"Of course I've tried seperating them! Do you think I'm an idiot?! There's no use, they're going to find out and its only a matter of days before she does" she turned around but not completely as I walked back to the stairs an evil grin was on her face.

I quickly ran back up to my room.

Who's going to find out what? I asked myself

What was she talking about and more importantly with who?

_+_+_+_+_+

I awoke that night to a weird cramp like feeling, quickly I ran into the bathroom thinking maybe I needed to use it but I didn't.

I walked into my room and sat on my bed just thinking, not realizing I was looking at my arms.

I stayed there, just staring at my hands. Until i noticed I was growing paler by the minute. My breath quickened as I realized this and I quickly got up to look at myself on the mirror behind my door. I was way paler than I had ever been before. My eyes were much more blue and my hair, my hair was no longer blonde, it was turning lighter.

The harder I looked at the mirror the clearer you could see my hair turning into a different shade, close to a white colour but not quite. I looked at my now shaking hands and let out a squeak.

Then, the brain freeze started again but this time a lot worse, a pain I could not explain with words. I closed my eyes and swallowed some more asprin only making this pain I felt worse.

The tears forming in my eyes turned my vision blurry, I felt like my heart was about to jump out, not being able to take the pain I let out a scream. I needed help someone had to hear me.

I grabbed onto the wall as I squeezed my eyes shut. I was cold, so cold that i was numb as if I had frostbite in every inch of my body.

I fell onto the floor with one more cry for help.

What was happening to me?