Chapter 17

Elsa
    I was faced with a shadow of a man. He was tall and his hair was dark but even though his figure resembled human, he was not. His features were gray and mysterious and his long coat floated behind him with a trail of darkness.

"Who are you?" I asked, I tried keeping my distance but he seemed to only want to come closer. "How do you know my name?" His lips formed  smile that didn't quite meet his eyes as he walked towards me.

"Forgive me, I didn't mean to scare you like that." He paused. "You can call me pitch, if you'd like." He took his hand out and though I hesitated, I shook it.
"I'm glad we could finally meet, everyone's been talking about you!"

"Really?" I spoke, his lips hid a smirk but I was curious to know more.

"Oh yes, all good things don't worry" he smiled again and walked around me. "I see you were expecting someone else, sorry to disappoint." I raised my eyebrow at him but he interrupted before I could speak. "That Frost has quite the temper doesn't he?"

"You know Jack?" I asked eager to know more about his connection. "Are you guys friends?"

"Something like that." He mumbled but didn't go on, still I wanted to push. His body met mine again directly and I wondered whether or not I could trust this man. "Tell me, what brings you to this side of the woods."

"I was just taking a walk." I mumbled, unsure of whether I should even be speaking to him.

"Well, what do you say you finish your walk with me." He said and I must admit I was curious to know more about him and what he knew about Jack Frost, so without second thought I stepped besides him and we trailed through the woods.

Our walk was silent and every so often we'd find each other staring at one another. Still, no words were exchanged.

"Why did you accept to walk with me Elsa?" His voice rang loudly around me as it echoed in the snow. I thought for a moment, I didn't know but his presence comforted me in a way. "I'm just a stranger."  He spoke and I thought for a moment. He was right but still I was curious to know more about him and I didn't know why.

"I suppose I was just excited to see a new face." I mumbled and I felt his cold stare on my cheek. "Sometimes I feel-"

"Isolated?" He cut me off but he was right. I nodded my head in response. "Being trapped in your head or in your life, feels all the same really." I looked at his features, trying to find some emotion. But his expression was blank. "Sometimes you just want to let it go." He looked back at me and smiled but it never met his dark eyes. He turned away from me and spoke again,"It was nice meeting you Elsa, I do hope we see each other again soon." It was at this moment I looked forward and found myself right where I had started and when I turned back he was gone.

________

"Where the hell were you?" Jack snapped at me the second I stepped into the building. I looked up at him but I had no motivation to continue his attempt to argue with me. I walked past him and into my room but he barged in regardless. "Elsa! I'm talking to you!" His voice grew louder but I was very tired and I laid to sleep.

"Jack, leave her alone." I heard another voice call, he stepped out of the room and the sound of arguing voices trailed away as I drifted to sleep.

My dreams were tainted by a sense of fear and anxiety. I felt myself stirring in my sleep as I watched Hiccup lay on the floor, he was injured and I tried to help but no matter how much I ran, I simply couldn't reach him. The air felt cold and icy as I woke up filled with anxiety, my stomach felt sick, I was nervous. I tried hard to believe it as just a dream, yet still it felt so real. Everything about that dream felt like some kind of memory I don't remember having. I sighed loudly and began to get ready for my day.

The walk outside was frosty but I enjoyed the feeling on my skin. I walked toward our training area and I looked around for Jack and waited but he seemed no where inside nor out. I asked around but like him no one seemed to give me any answers and in fact they didn't look like they were eager to talk to me either. Jack had been avoiding me for quite a while and it remained that way for the next few days. I figured he was mad at me and In a way so was I to him but it slowly became unimportant to me as time passed by. I practiced on my own but still I could only go so far without a trainer. My powers continued to grow and the gloves I had to wear were getting more uncomfortable. Though I hated to admit it, I need Jack.

I need him to take me home.

I walked towards the woods again and headed towards the clearing with the log. Out of my bag I took out a pen and paper to write a letter to Hiccup. Maybe when Jack came back he could give it to him. Though I doubt he'd want to, I would hope it be a better alternative than asking to leave.

"What are you doing?" My head snapped up and I turned to find Pitch. I smiled at him and began to put my things away. I had not seen him since we met but a familiar face was nice to see. "Shouldn't you be bickering with Frost?" He smirked

"I don't think he wants to do anything with me anymore." I replied and turned back to grab my things "do you know where he is?" I asked but he shook his head.

"Jack and I-" he paused as if thinking about the right words to say. "-lets just say we aren't on speaking terms right now." He said

"Oh" I mumbled "me too, I haven't seen him in a few days."

"Well with a temper like that, you can't really get anywhere with him" Pitch rolled his eyes as he began walking away. "What do you have there?" He looked towards my bag, the letter sticking out in view.

"It's nothing, just a letter." I stood up, following him. We began our walk and he remained silent for a few minutes.

"To who?" He turned to me, I looked up in confusion. "To whom is your letter for?" He asked and I hesitated before answering.

"An old friend." I mumbled "I was hoping you knew where Jack had gone, I wanted to ask him to send it." I said, my words kept rolling off my tongue in hope I could trust him with my thoughts.

"Why don't you just give it to him yourself?" He stopped walking and turned to face me. My eyes widen and I didn't know what else to say.

"Really?!" I asked shockingly. "You can take me back?" I smiled in excitement as he nodded his head and then took out his hand.

"You can thank me later." A grin pressed on his lips and I didn't hesitate to hold his hand as he took me back home.