Chapter 8

*Neville Pov*

"Why are you coming with us?" Lakshmi asked the moment we walked out of the house.

"Because I want to." I replied, shrugging and left her hand but not his.

"She wants to meet Dileep alone and that too alone. But our family will not accept for it so it seems like I am being with them, but I will be a little far from them." Yash explained.

"I know about that. I actually understood with her eye signal to you." I said, assuring him.

"Then why are you coming with us? Now I have to introduce you to him and miss a few minutes of our meeting." Lakshmi said glaring at me.

"We both too need some alone moments right, even know we just returned to the house I can't get enough of him." I said staring at Lakshmi while Yash still in his face.

I burst out laughing, staring at their both faces and we finally reached the park with the both of them completely silent.

"Dileep!" Lakshmi shouted and rushed towards him as that guy is standing leaning on a tree.

"How are you, Lakshmi?" he asked, smiling at her, to which she smiled back but stood just before him.

"Why don't you both just hug? You are getting married, guys." I shouted rolling my eyes and Dileep looked up from Lakshmi frowning to stare at me.

"Nev?" he asked with a shocked look and I grinned nodding.

"Wow!" he said rushing towards me and picked me up in his arms before twirling me around.

"It's been so long since we met." He said putting me down and I laughed.

"Yeah! It is good to see you." I said patting his shoulder.

"What are you doing in India and that too with them?" he suddenly asked frowning and my smile slipped.

"It is a long story." I replied, to which he frowned more.

"We will just be back, guys." He said, turning towards them and dragged me away before making me sit on the bench.

"Now, tell me this long story." He urged and I glanced around to see that no one is there near to us.

I nodded and started explaining everything from my boyfriend to my step sister to my dad. But the only problem was I couldn't stop the tears.

Maybe it was because I already know him and also know that he will never betray my trust as he has some loyalty planned inside his head for some childhood incident in my case.

"That is too much, Nev. How could Uncle do that to you? I will talk to him." He said fuming.

"No! I let go of him and all of them. Now, I just want my Mom to talk to me and tell me at least she loves me." I said sighing.

"Well, I love you right." He said grinning and I slapped his shoulder brushing my tears away.

"I need her to not think about decades promise and give importance to me and I can understand her situation. Her parents and husband seemed to be strict." I said frowning.

"If they are that strict then they wouldn't have got my marriage fixed with Lakshmi." He said smiling.

"How did they allow you? I mean, do they really know you are my cousin?" I asked him frowning.

"No! We just told them that my family is relative to your dad and they didn't ask any other details regarding it and we never explained." He replied shaking his head.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked but didn't give him any chance to give his reply.

"Why are you marrying Lakshmi? I mean are you mad?" I asked, to which he frowned.