Chapter 13

*Yash Pov*

"Nev! I am going to the vegetable market. Will you come with me?" I asked, finishing my breakfast and she looked at me with her eyebrow raised.

"To a vegetable market?" she asked and I nodded frowning.

"Fine!" she mumbled, shaking her head and finished her food before getting up along with me.

"If you have any important work here, you need not come." I suggested when I saw her still frowning.

"Here? Totally! I have so important work that I am so tired talking to everyone, every second." She said shaking her head dramatically.

"Woah! Someone is in a bad mood." I mumbled to which she glared at me and shook her head stepping out the house before I could even take the bike keys.

"Why are you taking her with you? I told you to stay away from her, right?" Mom asked and I turned to see her with a frown.

"We are living in the same house and it won't be good if everyone ignores her, right?" I asked her back, shaking my head and turned only to take a step back.

I opened my mouth, but couldn't say a word seeing Nev looking at me with a fuming expression.

"Shall we go?" she asked and again walked outside with me following her.

"Nev! I know it seems like a stupid thing to say, but it was just that Mom is behind me..." I couldn't finish it, when she again glared at me.

"Shut up! And let's go." She said and I nodded, getting on the bike with her following my suite.

Until we reached the market, she just stopped me whenever I opened my mouth to say something making me feel irritated for not being able to explain why I said that.

"You know, you are doing absolutely correct and a great thing. I mean, who would bear to be in my presence just because their family name won't get a bad name?" she asked, smirking and I immediately held her hands before she could walk away.

"I said that to stop Mom from bugging me for being with you." I said and she frowned at me.

"Don't you have enough dare to tell her that you want to be with me?" she asked and I sighed at her question.

"You don't understand. I really love my family and wouldn't want to create any troubles and something to disturb the peace." I explained.

"I can take your words in a wrong way like are you saying I disturbed it but I am not going to because I understood your closeness with the family." She said smiling and I smiled back feeling good that she didn't misunderstand.

"Why are you so calm?" I asked on my half way to finish.

"Didn't you like coming here?" I added to which she gave a shocked look.

"Of course I liked it! I mean what a wonderful place to bring a girl. There is just good everywhere. Why don't you put this in my hair and make it romantic?" she said holding a cauliflower.

"It is just stupidity of others to cross you any moment." I said grinning at her.

"I know! So, be aware." She said winking and we finished the shopping with her just walking beside me.

"So, this is how you buy vegetables. Everything is okay, except the path in which we had to walk." She said, shivering and I laughed, looking at her heels where a few thrown vegetables are stuck making the color change.

"Of course, everything will be ok. I did all the shopping and even held the bags. What did you do?" I asked shaking my head and placed the bags to the bike.