Chapter 11

*Neville Pov*

"Ok! Don't be nervous." Yash said when we stepped inside the house making me raise my eyebrow at him.

"Ok! Then try to be nervous." He said rolling his eyes and I chuckled.

"Re... Aunty! Uncle!" he shouted and I smiled at him seeing how he controlled the words he was about to use but stopped.

"Neville!" I heard a whisper and turned to see everyone entering the living room and Mom staring at me.

"Thanks for doing this, Yash." Mom said walking towards him.

"I didn't do anything." He said feeling discomfort.

"What do you mean by that? I am here only because of you." I said, staring at him to which everyone frowned at me.

"Yeah! If not for his amazing ability in searching then I would have never returned, right?" I added to which they all nodded and Yash frowned at me to which I winked.

"I am really sorry about everything, Neville." Mom said turning towards me.

"It's ok! I am really tired. I will go to the room I stayed before if it is still empty." I said taking the bag from Yash.

"What about dinner?" she asked frowning.

"I am not hungry!" I replied, to which she nodded and I walked away but stopped near Lakshmi.

"Don't feel sad about what happened, Lakshmi. It is for your own good." I mumbled and walked away.

"Why did you all bring her back to this house? Weren't we happy?" I heard Aunty's voice making me chuckle.

I sighed unpacking my bag again and took out my phone remembering his words regarding how my Step-mom found out the truth.

After contemplating for a few minutes, I called her phone itself and waited for her to lift.

"Hello! Neville?" she said immediately when she lifted the phone.

"Thanks for not hiding the truth when you found it." That's all I said and heard her sighing.

"I know! It must have been a shock to you, but you should understand, Nev. I wanted best for my daughter, but never wished for her to act worse." She said, making me smile.

"Then you are a great mother and I hope Kate will realize and correct her mistake before getting hurt." I said to which she sighed again.

"She already did and going to college regularly along with concentrating completely on her studies, but is feeling guilty for you." She said and I frowned.

"I will not return there." I said stubbornly.

"I can understand, but be careful." She advised before we hung up.

Wow! I thought lying on the bed and drifted off into sleep feeling peace with the situation and I need not worry about Kate's welfare with that stupid John.

"Where are you going?" I asked Yash when I saw him walking towards the door while I was stepping down the stairs.

"I need to go to the office, right?" he asked smiling.

"Ok! Have a nice day." I replied, smiling back until he left and turned towards the dining area.

I dropped my smile staring at them and walked there before settling in a chair. I didn't utter a word and didn't glanced at anyone but just served myself some food and started eating it.

"Nice top!" I heard Lakshmi commenting.

"Isn't it? I bought it in Kolkata itself in some small market." I replied smiling at her.

"Are you not angry at me?" she asked frowning.

"You did what you felt and in hurt. I am okay with that." I replied, shrugging and finished my food.

"Do you want something else?" Mom asked but I shook my head in silence before moving towards the main door.

"Neville!" I stopped hearing someone calling me which is a surprise from this person.

"We hope you understood our confusion and situation that day and we shouldn't have doubted you." He said placing his hands behind him.

"That's really sweet, Step-Dad. But trust me, you need not worry about my thinking at all." I said, smiling at him and left the house.

"Hey!" I sighed, hearing someone calling me again.

God! When did all these started talking to me? One slap and talk a lot scheme or what? I thought and chuckled to myself at that thought.

"Yes, GrandDad?" I asked, turning towards him while he is standing near his house gate folding his arms.

"You said that day so many words like you will come here every day and will make sure I ask your Mom to break her promise. What happened to those?" he asked with a contempt like he was right and I was wrong.

"Missed me, Granddad?" I asked smirking at him and walked near to him.

"What was your question? Ok! I got it." I said nodding at him.

"I know I said I will do all those things but I did for a specific reason." I said to which he frowned.

"What is the reason?" he asked, to which I smiled.

"Well, to talk to my Mom, of course." I replied and he sighed.

"Then why didn't you?" he asked with irritation.

"Well, I don't want to talk to her anymore." I replied and he stared at me with complete shock.

"What?" he asked in a whisper.

"Yes! Do you only have the right to not to talk to someone? Even I have that stubborn as you are my grandfather right?" I asked back.

"So, I am leaving my Mom like you left your daughter. Wow! What a pair we both are?" I asked and grinned at his shocked face.

"You are joking." He said shaking his head.

"No! I don't care whether she will talk to me from this moment or not. This time I am deciding to leave her. I don't want a Mom with conditioned love." I said in a serious tone and heard a gasp.

I turned to see Mom standing behind me. I sighed, feeling bad that she had to hear this, but I can't lie right.

"So, I will be to your house tomorrow, but not for gaining something from you." I said waving and started walking away.

She stopped holding my hand when I was about to pass her making me turn to stare at her.

"I am sorry, Neville! I shouldn't have slapped you or even thought like that." She said pleading me.

"You wouldn't have if you are my Mom." I said, releasing my hand from her hold and walked away.

"Thank god! You returned so early." I said finally, when Yash returned from his office.

I felt so bored the whole day which made me think about nothing else but Mom and the words I told her making me feel a little guilty but it left me immediately though.

"Missed me that much that you couldn't even waited until I walked inside?" he asked raising his eyebrow.

"Stop your cockiness and let's go." I said getting behind his bike.

"Where?" he asked, frowning.

"Anywhere!" I replied, hugging him smiling and placed my head on his shoulder while he started driving.

-----------------------------

small small chapter...

how is it???

comment plz and vote...