Chapter 20

*Neville Pov*

"What?" I asked, frowning at her and stopped stirring the milk.

God! This one week had been nothing but hectic and now she just brought another point before me to act.

It is like she feels I am a puppet, and does everything she will ask me to. I shook my head and waited for her to return the words.

I rubbed my forehead, feeling the tiredness and just wished Yash would return soon, at least today, but he is hell bent on fulfilling his promise and meet Kiran everyday.

"There will be a prayer tomorrow and you need to wear a saree." She repeated and I groaned understanding I didn't hear it wrong the first time.

"But why should I? I am comfortable in my attire." I said leaning on the platform.

"Because that's how it goes here and you need to do the same after marriage." She said shaking her head.

"Now, where will I bring a Saree and how would I know how to wear it?" I asked, folding my arms and I immediately know why she is asking me for this with her expression.

"This is the Saree which you need to wear and the other problem is not my concern." She replied, placing some cloth, but it felt like I am holding a dumbbell for sure.

"Who wears this heavy one and how will learn to wear it?" I asked myself and then felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Wear this for practice." I heard Mom saying before she placed a normal one in my hand.

"And I will teach you." She added and I immediately stepped away.

"No need for that. I can do this on my own." I said to which she just stared before walking away towards the fridge to take out some things.

What is she trying to prove these days? She is like behind me to help me with something, but I am trying my best to make her leave.

I know she doesn't want me to be the girlfriend of her precious Yash and must have planned something or maybe not, but I am not going to take chances by which I may lose the love I have at present in my life.

"Is this the list?" I suddenly heard a voice and turned to see her husband walking towards her.

"Yes!" she simply replied, staring at the list while he stared at her.

"Ok! You don't need anything else for tomorrow?" he asked and she looked up to stare at him before shaking her head.

"I will go and bring them as it seems Yash left the shop for some work." He added and she nodded but they just stood there making me frown.

After a few minutes he walked away and she stared at him for a second before continuing her work. Is there anyone in this house who is not hiding something else in their heart, but not saying it out loud?

I shook my head, letting the thoughts leave knowing well it is not my business and I need to think about my life and this crucial problem. Then the solution clicked, making me grin to myself.

"What are you doing here?" Yash asked the moment he saw me sitting on his bed and he closed the door immediately.

"Missed me, baby?" I asked in a cooing voice.

"Of course! And I was searching for you everywhere." He replied shaking his head and I smiled before placing the light weight Saree Mom gave me on my lap.

"What are you doing with that?" he asked raising his eyebrow.

"What happened is that your Mom is wishing me to wear one amazing Saree tomorrow, but I don't know how to wear it naturally." I replied and he groaned hearing his Mom's another wish.