Chapter 2

The Slytherin common room was a little creepy for my tastes. The walls were dark with green and dark wood accent. There was a fireplace with two leather couches as well as a few tables and chairs. No one else had managed to make it to the dorms yet so it was all open to those who wanted specific beds. Elena and I decided to share a bunk bed. She'd take the top bunk and I'd take the bottom. She let Shadow out in the door and I let Pip get some rest in his cage. Keeping Shadow from attacking him was the main issue.
Wonwoo, Elena and I decided to go explore the school groups for a while after unpacking out stuff. I didn't have much and neither did they, but we wanted to be comfortable.
We walked down the moving staircase and I stared around," wow. This is almost as cool as the fact that we have a house ghost."
Wonwoo laughed," you aren't scared are you?"
I laugh over dramatically," what do you know Wonwoo?"
He tickled me and I screamed and fell to the floor laughing," that you're ticklish."
I stood up and punched him," don't be so rude."
He laughed and put an arm around mine and Elena's shoulders," you two are so odd."
I scoff," and you look emo."
He stared at me," that's just my face, Alice."
I shrugged," that's unfortunate."
He shook his head," I wonder where the rest of the Slytherins are."
I look around," well, we only know two others. Jackson and Jungkook. You really want to talk to them?"
He smirked," good point."
I hopped along with Wonwoo's pace. His stride was significantly longer than me. My legs were long but keeping up with him was hard. Wonwoo was tall. Probably about 6' foot. He was thing but fairly muscular. His nose was short and flat. His lips weren't wide, but they were thick. His eyes were thin and hooded. They were extremely dark and his hair was around the same color. His skin, however, was fairly pale.
Elena was a lot darker than him. She had a round dark face. If I had to guess, I'd say she was a darker asian race. Her eyes with thin yet they weren't hooded. They were dark like Wonwoo's, but her hair was lighter. Her nose was flat and wide. Her lips were fairly thick, but not extremely.
I stood out a lot in between them. I was fairly pale and American. Strong jawline and nice cheekbones with squishy cheeks. My nose was longer and thin. My eyes were round and bright hazel. My dyed brown swung at the small of my back and the backs swished left over my face. A mole on the high point of my left cheek just below my eye. My lips weren't think but they weren't really thin. They curled at the end to give the appearance of a cat.
Wonwoo smiled at a group of guys just ahead of us. I noticed Minghao, Jihoon, and Jun instantly. They all stood near each other. Wonwoo ran over to a slightly taller guy on the other side of the group while Elena and I went to the boys we knew.
Jun smiled and adjust his dirty blonde hair. His eyes watched me near them. I smiled and waved slightly.
Jun grabbed a strand of my hair before tucking it behind my ear," there."
Elena smacked the ever-so-serious Jihoon's arm before jumping on his back. After a second of arguing, Jihoon was laughing with her. Wonwoo and the guy he ran off to walked towards us with another guy.
Wonwoo smiled," Alice, Elena, this is Mingyu and Vernon. Vernon's a Slytherin too."
Hansol stood out from the boys too. His hair wasn't straight, but curly. He definitely wasn't full asian. He was also lighter skin. Vernon and I held awkward eye contact for a moment before ignoring each other.
I turned back to Jun to compare schedules with him," let's see... Oh! We have Charms and Ghoul Studies together."
Wonwoo walked over," what do I have with you?"
I scanned his schedule," uhm... Herbology and Ghoul Studies. We'll all be together for Ghoul Studies!"
I smiled and Jihoon and Minghao," can I see your schedules?"
Minghao handed his over happily, but Jihoon wasn't as convinced. After a minute of debating, he gave in. He was hard to crack.
I scanned the three schedules," Minghao, we have Charms together, but that's it. Jihoon, we have History of Magic, Ghoul Studies, and Herbology together."
He looked over my shoulder," really?"
I nod," I'm actually good at Herbology. I promise I won't chest of you."
He grins lightly," ok. I trust you."
I yawn and look at the tall Wonwoo. He glances at me before bending down so I can jump onto his back. As soon as I cling tightly to him, he walks towards the great hall with Jihoon following and Elena on his back.
I sleepily laid my head on Wonwoo's shoulder and watched as he walked. From his height, everything was so far down. I leaned over his shoulder to peer at his face and he glanced over. I just smiled and he laughed at me.
I squish his cheeks," are we friends now, Wonwoo?"
He sighs," sadly."
I playfully smack his shoulder and he laughs," don't worry. Yes, we're friends."
I smile," ok."
As we are walking, I spot a devious blonde known as Jackson, leaning on the wall. He seems to be people watching. That or he's plotting something.
Wonwoo let's me hop off and I walk up to Jackson," what're you doing?"
He smirks," too much mischief for you, princess."
I lightly slap his face," that's Alice to you. No pet names yet. Earn my friendship."
He groans," what do you think you are? A pure-blood?"
I nod," I am a pure-blood, genius."
I smack his forehead," be considerate."
He raises an eyebrow," well, then I guess you kind of have a right, but still."
I lean super close to his face so our lips our extremely close," don't act tough, Jackson."
He stares at me like I just killed someone. I lean away and skip back to Wonwoo. Wonwoo greats me warmly and wraps an arm around my shoulders.
I look up at Wonwoo," you act like a boyfriend."
He chokes on air," what? Why would you say that?"
I shrug," you always put your arm around me. We've only been friends for a few hours, Wonwoo. Slow down."
He lightly flicked my forehead," don't get ahead of yourself."
I laugh," I'm bored. Let's do something."
He glances down," like what?"
I hum," maybe we can go visit the owlery or explore outside. I don't know."
Wonwoo sighs," Alice, it's cold outside. You'll get sick."
I shove his chest," don't be boring. I can get Jackson or Jungkook to have fun with me."
He rolled his eyes," fine."
I giggled happily," yay!"
As we left the front entrance, owls began to fly from dorms to the owlery. They were all going to they're new home for the time being. I should've let Pip out. Elena watched the surplus of owls fly across the sky.
I look up at Wonwoo," what's your familiar?"
He sighed," I have a barn owl."
I smile," I have a saw-whet owl."
He smiled happily," the cute little tiny ones with the huge eyes."
I nod," yeah he's fairly small."
Wonwoo grinned," they're so cute."
Suddenly, a large brown striped maine coon slams into our legs. She rushed past us in an attempt to escape.
Behind us, we hear a familiar voice," Mark, Junior, go left. JB, Yugyeom, go right. You two, come with me."
Suddenly, seven boys, including Jackson break out into a full sprint after the cat.
I looked up at Wonwoo," want to help?"
He shrugged," I guess."
We all pull out our wands and run after the boys. Wonwoo caught up to the cat fast. He cornered her but she managed to squeeze under his legs. Elena and I chased her until she got near the Forbidden Forest.
Elena yelled from behind me," now Alice!"
I panicked and thought of the first spell," Immobulus!"
Under the spell, the cat collapsed on the floor, unable to move. I rushed over and scooped her up into my arms before dashing away from the forest. Wonwoo grabbed me as I ran into his arms.
He looked down," good job, you caught her."
I nod," yeah."
Jackson rushed over, almost sliding to a stop as he got to the cat," thanks Alice. Kitty's a bit of an idiot. She hates to listen."
I raise an eyebrow," like you?"
He rolls his eyebrows," shut it. At least I have a familiar."
I nod," so do I. I have an owl. Elena has a cat."
Elena shushed me," hang on. Did you say your cat's name was kitty?"
He nodded," yeah, why?"
She rolled her eyes," you don't name a cat, kitty. It's like naming a dog, doggie. It's weird."
He shrugged," my familiar, my name."
Wonwoo smiled and looked past me," it's Jun and Seuta."
I watch as a barred owl lands on Jun's hand with immense care. Jun ties a letter to her foot and holds his arm in the air for her to fly off. It was a sweet exchange and looked effortless and perfect. The owl flew away and disappeared just over the tree tops.
    Jackson's friends walked over to us and stood behind him. They were all pretty tall and fairly handsome. I knew there were six, but I could only see three.
    I pinched Jackson bicep hard and he jumped and looked down at me," what was that for?"
I looked up at him," aren't you going to introduce us to your friends?"
He looks up at the group of boys," oh. Sure."
He pointed to them individually," this is JB, Junior, Yugyeom, Youngjae, Mark and the short one is Bambam."
I glanced around at he group. JB was taller with quite a few ear piercings. He was darker than Jackson and was slightly more muscular. Yugyeom was the tallest, probably about six foot. His hair was a slightly darker red and his face peppered in moles. Junior was tall and slim with pouty lips and wide ears. Youngjae was shorter with thin eyes and an expression of constant annoyance. Mark was slim but muscular and was one of the few members whose hair wasn't black. His hair was a bleach blonde and somewhat like Jacksons.
     Bambam was the shortest and was the same height as me. His hair was bleach blonde on top and a caramel brown on the sides. His lips were thick and sat in a content smirk. He too, like a few of the members, had a mole under his eye.
     I waved with a smirk," hi. I'm Alice."
     Elena leaned on me with an elbow on my shoulder," and I'm Elena."
     Just then, Bambam and Yugyeom chuckled. The two were glancing behind Elena and I with amused looks. I turned around to see a fairly large group watching us. A mesh of boys and girls that had been watching us.
     Jackson held up a hand," yes, yes, thank you."
     Bambam shoved him lightly," they aren't watching you. They're watching the one who used magic. Her."
    Bambam gestured to me and I smiled smugly," I guess they should be. I mean, I did get your cat back Jackson."
     His jaw dropped," you hit her with a spell! That didn't count."
     I laugh evilly," at least I caught her. That's more than you did."
     He smirked," yes, but I'm the wild and sexy Jackson. They're here for me."
     Bambam jokingly wrapped his arm around my neck," oh come on, Jackson. We know who the real star is here."
     I laugh and shoved Bambam in the side," we can settle this, Jackson."
     He pulled his wand out of his back pocket," I'll take you on."
      I lifted my wand and pointed it at Jackson," your move." 
      He points his wand at me," Confringo!" 
      Just as flames pour out of his wand, a spell was casted from the left," Aguamenti!"
     The water from the counter spell put out Jackson's and we all looked over. A shorter but muscular man stood there smiling smugly. He was covered in tattoos and had a few piercings.
    He sighed in frustration," the first day and none of you can keep your magic in your damn wands."
     I raised an eyebrow," who are you to ruin the fun?"
     He groaned," Jay Park, the Transfiguration teacher."
     I laughed uncomfortably," oh, sorry professor Jay."
     He smiled," don't worry about it kid. Now get the hell back in the school!"
     We all moved back inside and decided to go to our common rooms. Jackson decided to walk with us. After a moment, I noticed Bambam was with us.
     I looked at him," what're you doing?"
     He looked up from the floor," oh. Well I'm a Slytherin, too."
     I smile excitedly," really? This will be fun."
     He nods," yeah, but uh, can you tutor me?"
     I gasp," school hasn't even started yet."
     He smiles," yeah, but I'm not good at Wizardry and besides, studying with you might be fun."
     I shove him," don't be so corny."
     As I was laughing at Bambam, I was caught off guard and slammed against the wall. I looked up into the dark and somewhat terrifying eyes of Jungkook. He had pinned me against the wall and he was pissed. His eyes were full of rage and his grip on my wrists was so tight that they were beginning to hurt.
     I swung my leg at him," Jungkook, your hurting me."
    He scoffed," why should I care? You left me alone!"
Jungkook smirked angrily," you aren't leaving my side."
And with that, he tossed me over his shoulder. He marched down the hall until he was caused to stop.
Bambam held up a hand," you can't just walk off with her."
Jungkook shifted his weight," and why not?"
Bambam glared at him," because, she's our friend too. Not just yours. Don't be so greedy."
Jungkook dropped me on my feet hard enough for me to lose balance and fall. Bambam extended a hand to me. I took without care and was yanked into his chest. He rested a hand on the back off my head and patted it lightly.
    Jungkook sighed," can you just, not leave me alone?"
    I reached over and squished his face," ok, Jungkook."
    He smiled and looked down," good."
     Bambam frowned," I didn't know you two were a thing."
     I laughed and smacked him," we aren't."
     He smirked and glanced at Jungkook," first one to win her heart then."
    Jungkook laughed," believe me, there are a lot of people trying to do that. You don't have a chance."
     He laughed in response," probably not, but I'll try."
I looked at them both like they were crazy," but no one likes me. Let's not joke like that. We'll get my self-esteem too high."
Both boys made an attempt to drag me to the dorms until Wonwoo caught up. The three of them practically looked like my body guards.
It wasn't until a snobby girl caught my attention that I looked up," hey look, it's the showoff from Slytherin! I bet she got lucky when she hit Jackson Wang's familiar with that spell."
I glanced over to see a short girl mocking me to her group of friends.
I smirked at her," you can mock me all you want. At least I have the ability to cast a spell, muggle-born."
She gawked at me in surprise as we left," get back here you little-"
I cut her off with a remark," I'm sorry, but I don'y have time for fans."
She screams and yelled behind me as angrily as her tiny body would allow.
As soon as we got to the entrance of the common room, Jungkook laughed," you always act so sweet. Where do these quick personality changes come from?"
I shrug," I usually defend myself and if I act weak, I'll get pushed over. So, I'd rather push people around and be in charge. It's rather simple, really?"
Wonwoo smiled," I like her personality. She's feisty."
Bambam nodded in agreement," she is really feisty. She's sassy too."
I giggle and pull on the innocent act," I guess I do belong in Syltherin, huh?"
They all stared at my wide, girly smile in shock. I laughed and switched to my sly smirk.
I scoffed," why do boys get so confused over a little act? I'm actually fairly mean. I can play innocent well, though."
Wonwoo grinned," that may come on handy."
I look at Jungkook," we can totally play that girl."
He bit in his lip in thought," the one that follows me."
I nod smugly," oh yes."
He reached out and high-fives my hand," I'm down."
I looked over as Jackson and Vernon entered the common room with Elena," how about us six have some fun?"
A guy walked up behind Jungkook and shoved him," wanna make that seven?"
Jungkook looked up at him," oh, Namjoom, hey."
I look at Jungkook," who's this?"
He grinned," good friend of mine. He's a slytherin. And he's practically a genius."
Jackson laughed," hell yeah he is. Hey man."
Namjoom smirked and looked down at me," so, you up for another person, then?"
I shrug," I guess you can play along. I have a pretty great idea, too."
Hansol smirked," well, spit it out."
I glanced around the group," we're going to befriend that loser Griffindor and a few other weirdos. Slytherin always seem so cool to them right? They won't pass up a chance to play cool with us. Especially since we have a few good looking boys amongst our ranks. If we're lucky, the head boy and girl will play along. Let's destoy Griffindor from the inside out."