Chapter 5

I wiped a tear from the corner of my eye," C-can you leave? I don't want you to see me cry."
   He sighed with a meek smile and kneeled in front of me," what happened?"
    I sniffled," Jun... He was with another girl."
    Wonwoo cupped my cheek," Jun has this whole problem. He's had it for a long time. You see, Jun was an actor, so he never had time for girls. He always acted in dramas and had to pretend to be in love so now he doesn't know how to act other than that. He does like you, Alice."
     I frowned and rubbed my eye," it doesn't seem like it. He looked like he really liked her. How am I supposed to know what to do?"
     He shrugged and leaned against the wall next to me," well, you can think about that. I'll stay here with you until you feel better ok?"
     I look up at him," what if I fall asleep?"
     He chuckled," then I guess I'll carry you to the common room."
     I raise an eyebrow," you wouldn't. You aren't the type to be so...."
     He grinned," caring?"
     I nodded," yeah. You're always down for mischief and being bad."
     He stroked my hair," guess that makes me like you, huh?"
     I rolled my eyes," oh please. Not even." 
     He put an arm around my shoulders and I looked up," what are you doing, Wonwoo?"
    He shrugged," I'm comforting you. I know we didn't get off on the right foot, but you did prove that you aren't heartless when you helped me protect Jihoon. That meant a lot to me you know. Jihoon is a close friend of mine and you stood up for him without thinking. It makes me curious."
    I sighed and smiled at him," I know what's it like. Being that person that gets ganged on. It's hard and I hated it."
    Wonwoo pulled me until my head laid on his shoulder," don't worry about that anymore, Alice. There are so many people willing to be there for you."
     I smiled weakly," thanks."
     He grinned," don't worry about it."
     I nuzzled my head against his shoulder," did you know?"
     He looked down to me," about Jun?"
     I nodded," yeah. That girl I mean. Does he like her?"
     Wonwoo sighs and leans his head on the wall," well, it's hard to say. He might, but he likes you too. I don't think Jun knows how to act."
     I close my eyes," what about you?"
     He shrugs," what about me?"
     I scoff," don't play dumb. Do you like anyone?"
     He coughs like he choked on air," what?"
     I look up at him," yeah. Do you like anyone?"
     He smiled and looked down," I guess this one girl caught my attention. She's amazing. Pretty. Smart. She's just....wow."
     I laughed," not as great as me though, right?"
     He laughed at my joke," definitely not as cool as you. She's half as pretty and she seems like an idiot compared to you."
      I flipped my hair jokingly," of course she is."
     Wonwoo smiled," you think you can go to class now?"
     I shrug," can you come too?"
     He thinks for a second," what class do you have?"
      I sigh before responding,"Jungsoo. Flying."
      He chuckled nervously," I can ask him if I can."
      I grinned happily," yay!"
      He rolled his eyes," you're lucky you're my friend."
      I stuck my tongue," don't be that way."
      He stood up and extended a hand," let's go."
       I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up," ok."
       At that second, a scream was heard from around the hall. We both ran to see what happened just someone flashed from sight. Disappeared into thin air. She was there one second and now she wasn't. I saw her. She was a Ravenclaw. The girl that Jun was with.
     I looked up at Wonwoo," what happened?"
      He stared at me," did someone kidnap her?"
      I stared at the stuff she dropped," I don't know."
      I walked over and picked up her bad. Inside was her wand, ID, and books. Normal stuff.
     I looked at Wonwoo," her stuff is all in here. Someone definitely took her."
     He sighed," let's get to Jungsoo's class. We'll report to him. I don't think it's safe."
     I nodded and stared at where she disappeared. I got lost in thought until I noticed Wonwoo walking away. I moved forward just fast enough to grab his hand. As soon as I touched him, he pulled me into his chest.
     I rested my face on his shoulder," sorry."
     He patted my head," what's wrong?"
     I shook my head," Is it bad to be scared?"
     He looked down at me," no. That's normal. You just say a girl get taken. It's normal. Don't worry."
    I leaned back but held onto his shoulders," what if I-"
     His finger covered my lips," don't think like that. Nothing will happen."
     Wonwoo began to walk towards the building exit to where Jungsoo met the students. This time, he didn't let go of my hand. He held on as if he thought holding my hand would make me safe. In a way, it kind of did. Wonwoo was a kind person. He liked mischief, but he was an amazing person. He was caring.
     We turned the corner to see Jihoon caring a stack of books," Jihoon!"
     I rushed to him, dragging Wonwoo with me.
     He looked at us awkwardly," what's going on here?"
     Wonwoo sighed," a girl was kidnapped. They got her out using magic, but I have no idea how. You'd have be strong to get past JYP's barrier."
     Jihoon nodded," that's almost impossible. Are you sure you know what you saw?"
     We both nodded.
      He nodded slowly, taking it all in," you better file a report to a teacher."
      Wonwoo stared at him," we're headed to Jungsoo now. You should come with us. Being alone isn't smart."
       He groaned," but I'm running errands."
       I grabbed his wrist," please, Jihoon. I don't want to lose any friends."
       He stared at me with a shocked face," friends?"
       I nodded," of course! I don't just stand up for anyone. You mean a lot to me and a lot to Wonwoo. Please come with us."
      He sighed and gave in," ok."
      I smiled and grabbed the two boys' wrists. We all walked together to Jungsoo's class. We were all cautious and made sure not to leave one another. I never let go of either boy.
     As we approached Jungsoo's, I let go of Wonwoo and Jihoon to run into the open arms of Elena and Jungkook. The two held me tightly.
     Elena frowned when she saw me," Jungkook told me what happened, are you ok?"
     I shook my head," no, but for a completely different reason. I don't care about Jun right now."
     Jungkook slammed Elena out of the way and stood over me. His hand cupped my cheeks and he frowned at me.
     I stared up at him," why are you staring like that?"
     He smiled," your cheeks. Did you know that they're stained with tears? You also look really scared. What happened?"
     His smile changed to something more fierce. He hovered over me in a protective manner. His eyes searched me to make sure I was ok. I felt another hand press to my shoulder and I looked up to see Wonwoo and Jungkook staring each other down. Neither boy would drop his gaze. If looks could kill, I'd be in the center of a shoot-out.
     Jungkook growled lightly," are you the reason she's scared?"
     Wonwoo rolled his eyes," shut up. We both witnessed something terrible. Don't assume things. Your her friend, not her boyfriend. And you're not a guard dog."
     Jungkook lowered his eyebrows," you don't know what she went through."
     Wonwoo laughed," I don't? I stayed with her until she stopped crying. Now, excuse us, we need to file a report on a kidnapping."
     Jungkook's face changed once again," what?"
     I nodded," a girl got taken right in front of us. They used magic to escape though."
     Jungkook shook his head," that's insane."
     I sighed," yeah. That's why we need to go talk to Professor Jungsoo."
     Jungkook moved away so we could see Jungsoo.
     Jungsoo looked up at me," oh hello, Alice correct? I'm sorry, I'm afraid I don't know you two."
    Jihoon sighed," Lee Jihoon. You had me last year."
     Jungsoo laughed," oh yeah! You were the kid who-"
     Jihoon shushed him," let's not talk about that."
     I looked up at him," Professor Jungsoo, we need to file a report."
     He looks down," oh? On what?"
     Wonwoo groaned," there was a kidnapping. Someone used magic to kidnap a Ravenclaw first-year."
     Jungsoo laughed," that's impossible."
     I slammed my hand on the wall," don't laugh! This is serious! A girl got taken!"
     Wonwoo wrapped his arms around my waist," calm down. I can handle it."
     Wonwoo let me go and pushed me behind him," Professor Jungsoo. I advise you to listen carefully. A girl from Ravenclaw was kidnapped. That means whoever did it was strong enough to break JYP's barrier. Do you understand what I'm saying?"
     Jungsoo glared at us," you mean to tell me, that there is someone out there who is strong enough to break JYP's spell barrier?"
     Wonwoo nodded," that's exactly what I'm saying."
     Jungsoo sighed," I'll report this JYP. You two practice with brooms."
    We nod as Jungsoo walks off.
    I turned to Wonwoo," you know how to ride a broom?"
    He shrugged," never tried."
    I felt a hand around my waist and looked up to see Jungkook," I can teach you."
     I smiled," really?"
     He nodded," sure. But you have to ride with me."
     I groaned," fine."
     I turned to Wonwoo," I'll be back!"
     I followed Jungkook to his brook," ok just straddle it and hold on."
      I stood in front of him and he was extremely close. I could feel his chest on my shoulder blades. He wrapped his arms around me and grabbed the handle in front of me. After a second, our feet were hovering above to ground. We flew up a couple feet and sat in a slow speed just staying up.
     Jungkook smiled," it's nice huh?"
    I nodded," it's so pretty."
    He smiled and lightly grabbed my chin," not as pretty as you."
     I widened my eyes and he leaned in and his lips pressed mind. As soon as he leaned back, a jet of water blasted him off the broom and we both fell. He caught the broom and stopped his fall, but I was too far away. I screamed at my impending demise. I stopped screaming the second I landed in something a lot nicer than the ground. Wonwoo's arms.
    Elena laughed," wow, Alice. All these boys catching you. Your lucky."
    As soon as Jungkook touched the ground, I walked over to him," what the hell?"
    He shrugged," am I not allowed to kiss pretty girls?"
    I clenched my fists and yelled at him," at least give me a heads up!"
    He laughed," at least you got caught. But I guess Wonwoo had to since he's the reason you fell, right?"
    I turned to Wonwoo," what?"
    He shrugged," technically it was Jihoon and I."
    Jihoon laughed," Wonwoo did it and I followed along. I just held it longer so that Wonwoo could catch you."
    I rolled my eyes," why?"
    Jihoon grinned," I figured you wouldn't want to kiss...that."
    Jungkook pipped in," hey! I'm not that bad."
    I shrugged," the kiss wasn't bad. You just caught me off guard."
    He pulled me back by my waist and cupped my cheek," then let me give you another one."
    I laughed and covered his mouth," I didn't say I wanted one. Also, Wonwoo and Jihoon already have their wands up."
     As I looked over, Wonwoo held his ready. Jihoon smiled and flipped his and caught it like an expert. 
    I smiled at Jungkook," maybe next time, but I can't kiss people around Wonwoo or Jihoon. They're my protectors."
     I walked over and smiled at Jihoon. Despite his height, he was a pretty tough guy. I could help but smile and squish his cheeks.
     I squealed," Jihoon! You're so cute!"
     Jungkook sighed," what about me?"
     Wonwoo looked down and rubbed his neck," yeah, what about us?"
     I laughed and hugged Jihoon," you guys aren't cute. Hot, maybe. But cuteness goes to Jihoon. He's adorable."
     Jihoon turned me to face to guys and grabbed my cheeks," your cute too. Like a child, sort of."
     I giggled and Jihoon smashed my cheeks.
     He laughed lightly," are you ticklish?"
     I looked over my shoulder," please, don't."
      He didn't hesitate to tickle me until I felt to the ground.
      I squealed and squirmed," Jihoon! S-stop!"
       He finally let go and looked up at the guys with a mischievous smile," you both act like that, but I already got her screaming my name."
       The two boys' faces dropped. Jihoon turned and helped me up. I jokingly hit his chest.
       He smiled for a second and whispered in my ear," hey, I know it's weird, but can I hit your butt. I want to see their reactions."
      I shrugged," go ahead."
      As soon as I leaned away from his ear, I felt a hard smack on my butt.
      I rubbed my butt," I didn't think you'd hit me that hard."
      Jihoon wrapped his arm around me and winked at the two boys.
     Wonwoo looked away," this is unfair."
     Jungkook growled," he can do that, but I can't kiss you?"
     I nodded," duh. That's my lips that you want to put your face on. Jihoon just hit me."  
      Jungkook threw his hands in the air," you make no sense!"
     I looked at Jihoon," you can ride a broom right?"
     He shrugs," yeah, I'm ok."
     I grabbed his hand," take me on a ride?"
      He shrugged," ok."
      He set us up the say way as Jungkook, but he wasn't so focused on me as he was with the broom. He spent the whole ride focusing on the broom. Occasionally he'd talk to me, but not much. He didn't land the broom right away. He took me to a certain height and stopped.
      He smiled," swing your legs to the side and jump."
       My eyes widened," what?"
       He nodded," do it. Wonwoo or Jungkook will catch you. I'm not worried. Trust me. You won't fall. Just jump and call one of their names."
      I raised an eyebrow," you sure?"
      He nods," of course. Go one."
      I swung my legs and leaned on the broom," ok, here I go."
      We weren't but about ten feet in the air, but still. It'd would only be a four foot drop from me to someone's arms. 
      I looked up at Jihoon," take us a little higher. Maybe twenty feet. That way they can react faster."
     He nodded and I looked down again. We were higher up, but I felt safer. I leaned forward and fell. My hair flew back.
     I closed my eyes and smiled," Wonwoo!"
     I heard the running before anything. Then the light thud of his arms around me, but was it Wonwoo? Or Jungkook?
      I opened my eyes to the narrow brown eyes of Wonwoo. I knew he would catch me. I trusted him more than Jungkook. I doubt Jungkook would have made it in time.
     Wonwoo smiled," did you jump?"
     I nodded."
     He shook his head with a grin," why?"
     I shrugged," I knew you wouldn't let me fall. I trusted you."
     He smiled," you have a lot of faith in me. Why didn't you call Jungkook?"
     I shrugged," in most situations, I would choose you over Jungkook."
      He grinned and tucked a hair that hung over my face behind my ear," you're insane."
      I shook my head," no I'm not, Wonwoo. I'm just fun."
      He chucked," you aren't wrong. So if you'd be me over Jungkook, would that include relationships?"
      I laughed at the awkward question," I mean, I'm not too sure. Probably. You seem more caring and polite. I like that about you."
      He smiled widely," you do?"
     I nodded honestly," of course. You're a really kind person. At first not so much, but now... I couldn't think of anyone I'd rather have with me when I saw that girl disappear."
    He sighed and looked down," what about Jun?"
    I shook my head," Jun wouldn't have reacted the way you did. You were more concerned about how I felt than anything. Jun would've tried to be a hero. I don't want that. He's a sweet guy, and I like him. But, Jun acts arrogant sometimes."
    Wonwoo laughed," that's fame."
    I shrugged," I should know that, but I don't."
    He nodded," daughter of the American Minister of Magic. You're practically royalty, how do you not get swarmed?"
     I hummed in thought," my mom told people she had two kids. That wasn't a lie, but I have two brothers."
    He raised an eyebrow," how does that work?"
    I looked up at him," well, Adriel and I are my mom's birth children. We're both pure-bloods. My brother Ezra, he was adopted right after I was born. He's a muggle-born, but Mom thought she could make him so much stronger with a powerful family. He's never been happy with it. He envies Adriel and I for our father's favoritism."
     Wonwoo nodded," so your dad favors you for being his kids or being pure-blood?"
     I nodded," well, both. He loved Ezra, but Ezra isn't his son. Nor is he a pure-blood. Dad believes he won't get stronger. I think Ezra is determined to get stronger."
     Wonwoo sighed," how do you feel about it?"
     I shrugged," Ezra is my brother. I don't care if he's adopted or muggle-born. He's a Crane. He was there since I was little. I'm not concerned about his past."
    Wonwoo smiled," you're too sweet, you know that? You just accepted him without considering anything from his past. What if he has dark magic?"
    I frowned," it's a sad thought, but Ezra's still my brother. Just as Adriel is."
    He looked up and smiled," what am I?"
    I giggle and lightly bit my lip," you? Well, you're the guy that I'm not letting out of my sight."
    He grinned," why?"
    I leaned forward until my nose touched his cheek," because I like you."